Chapter 34

He was stunned to say the least, seeing the reaction that Miku had to his last statement.

"I-I didn't want to believe it at first." She said quietly.

"Eh?"

"It hurt so much, you not being able to remember." She said, leaving Fuutarou speechless. "It was difficult, to accept the fact that you may never remember anything in the past. But I silently hoped, that building a new friendship could unlock pieces from the past."

She took a second before continuing. "Now... I'm so happy. Knowing that you really do remember it all." She smiled wiping away some tears.

"Miku-"

"Fuutarou... welcome back!" She smiled.

The door opened without warning and out came Nino. The tsundere quintuplet took one look at Fuutarou and Miku. Then took another look.

Seeing evidence of her sister crying from the few streaks of tears left over. She walked over to Fuutarou and stared a death beam at him. One that she had obviously developed from her father.

"Fuu-kun... I thought I told you... never make one of my sisters cry! Ever!"

So after a few hits to the head and a long lecture Fuutarou Uesugi finally stumbled in his temporary home.

Miku was no help to him at all. She seemed caught up still on the fact that his memories returned that she didn't care what Nino was doing to him.

"These five still are a huge pain... they've always been like this."

"Uesugi-san what are you muttering to yourself?" The fourth quintuplet said. She was sporting her track suit, about to go on a run.

"Nothing..."

"Hmm, oh yeah do you wanna go run with me?" She asked lacing up her shoes.

"I think I've had enough of you guys for today. I'm just going to relax by studying."

"Woah... so you finally got tired of us huh? But you know, I don't think we'll ever get tired of you. I mean we've known each other for a long time-" she covered her mouth suddenly. "I-I mean we act like we've known each other-"

"Yotsuba." He began.

"Ahhh! I'm sorry I just said something really stupid!" She said quickly opening the door and running out.

"Wait-"

It was no use. Even if he had a bike she probably could've out ran him. Yotsuba was the fastest runner at the university for track.

She was recruited by the university to run in the first place.

So she worked hard to keep up her studies as well as dominate in sports.

Yotsuba often was the last one home out of all of the quintuplets. With her busy schedule she would often leave early in the morning and return late at night, only coming in to sleep.

She had to work hard...

To be someone different.

Throughout her life she found it difficult to set herself apart from her sisters.

They were identical.

Hard to tell apart.

The same person.

And while Yotsuba strove to be someone different from her sisters. She found that her sisters, changed more than she did.

Each with their own style, their own personality.

And she remained the same.

Hell she still wore her kiddie panties.

It wasn't that she didn't want to change. Ever since she was little, she had always wished she was different from the others. She often complained to their mom that she had to be different.

And so when she met Fuutarou for the first time in Kyoto on a school trip, the two of them made a vow to work hard to become better people.

They would both study hard and come back with great results, bringing their life back on track.

That was the plan at least...

Instead, Yotsuba disregarded her studies, solely focusing on her talents in athletics and soon she paid the price for it.

And what was supposed to be her changing her life for the better, ended up becoming more of a drag for her.

Sighing, Yotsuba stopped quickly to stretch her legs by the river. Reliving those memories were hard on her, but she knew that those experiences kept her pushing to become better.

What was she pushing for exactly?

Well, a certain know-it-all is the answer. He had always been the answer. Each day now, focusing on her studies and duties, Yotsuba grows increasingly more like the person she wants to be.

A person good enough to stand next to the hard working Fuutarou Uesugi.

***

Fuutarou laid on the couch in the living room. The entire house was asleep, each girl in their respective rooms.

It was hard to imagine that not too long ago things were like this as well. The six of them, all together, all the time.

"I wish it could be like this forever." He said before drifting off in his sleep.

When he awoke, he was face to face with a reflection. Of him in a tuxedo. A hostess walked in and smiled.

"It's time now, Groom."

He stood up and followed her all the way to the wedding hall. He could hear the church bell ringing loudly as he entered through the door.

The hall was filled with many friends and family. Fuutarou nervously looked around and made eye contact with his little sister who gave him a thumbs up.

He stared into the stage where four bridesmaids smiled at him. Each identical to the other. Before he realized what was going on the double doors in the hall opened once again.

A fifth girl, identical to the rest made her way down the aisle in a wedding dress. He knew there was something special about this girl that set her apart from the others.

Was it her voice? Her laugh? Her smile?

But she retained an emotionless expression. Making it so he couldn't pinpoint what she was thinking at that moment. Or who she was...

As the priest began to speak to the crowd about the importance of the wedding vows, Fuutarou looked at the girl in front of him, his bride.

"Um... what's your name?" he whispered.

To which she replied. "Hm, I guess my name is Uesugi now huh?" she covered her smile with her hand. "But you know, I've always found it cute that you struggle to tell us apart." she leaned in to whisper.

But before she could say anything.

He woke up.

Another week another upload baby! Okay we're doing pretty well aren't we in terms of uploading. Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you all soon!

I'm going to try and keep this weekly stuff going even though classes have started for me. But I hope you'll continue to support me!

(Editor Kazuya here, I wrote this literally like 2 weeks in advance so I said that classes have started for me... which they have, but I'll be going home of labor day weekend, if you're in the US you know what I mean, but I'll be sure to write more then and hopefully have more chapters ready for the next weekly ones... okay bye!)

-Kazuya