Chapter 38

"What did I just do?"

Many people stared at the little scene that unfolded before them. On the floor were may items that were being carried by a pink haired girl, before she dropped them and took off.

All was left was a dark-haired Fuutarou Uesugi. Staring blankly into space.

On the other end Nino Nakano was pushing her way out of the stores. She didn't know where she was going, but she knew she didn't want to be there anymore.

How could he do this to her? How could he just act like nothing happened? Why was she the last one to know? Did that mean that she was the least important?

Thousands of questions filled the love-sick head of Nino. A pain stung in her chest, a pain arguably worse than being flat out rejected.

Who was the first to know?!

The thought sickened her as she fell to the ground. Gasping for air after running a decent amount, she sat in anger.

Okay let me spell it out for you all...

To Nino, the stupid Fuutarou Uesugi held back the whole time that he had his memory back. And after finding out that the other girls already knew it seemed like he had a bit of favoritism towards the others.

Which definitely is not the case. He just happened to not be able to tell her until that moment. But of course, the jealousy of Nino wouldn't listen and instead believed there was a ranking system.

You see when you have four sisters, and they all happen to be quintuplets, you're always worried about favoritism. Even though the five of them are genuinely different from each other, there's always the thought in the back of their heads on whether or not other people rank them.

Nobody wants to be known as the worst quintuplet. Right?

So it seemed only natural that Nino was this upset. Any of the others would be just as upset.

Back to Fuutarou he continued to stand there, clueless as to what he had just caused.

"Sir are you going to by those..." one of the clerks asked.

To which Fuutarou responded by showing he had no money and leaving the store.

He needed to go find Nino and clear things up, but first he needed to know what he was supposed to say.

So instead of going and sorting out his situation with Nino...

He did the next best thing.

He punched in some numbers and his phone began to rang.

"Hello?"

He was going to call her sister.

*

Miku Nakano's phone buzzed on her desk. She was currently getting changed to go out and buy a couple of her essentials.

Without looking at the caller id, she quickly answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Oh Miku... glad you picked up." Fuutarou Uesugi's voice echoed through the speaker.

"F-Fuutarou?" Miku quickly rushed to put on some clothes. "Hang on one second!"

There was something creepy about talking to someone not in your family half naked.

"D-did you need something?" the now dressed Miku asked.

"U-um... well this sounds pretty weird right now, but I have something I want to ask. Do you think you can come meet me right now?"

*

It was a little past three o'clock in the afternoon. Fuutarou Uesugi saw a familiar figure sitting down on a bunch and hurried over.

"Yo, Miku." he greeted.

"Fuutarou." she said plainly. "What did you want to ask?"

Her emotions were running pretty high at this moment. There were many possible questions that Fuutarou could ask her.

Miku herself even thought of the possibility that the question might be the "golden question."

Do you want to go out with me?

The golden question brings both happiness and sorrow. It can bring pain or joy. The nature of the human being is to hope that they will one day hear the golden question from their possible love interest.

Those who propose the golden question are the ones putting more on the line. A rejection could cause traumatic heartbreak, but the reward ends up outweighing the risk.

For Miku, she didn't know what she would respond to if he dropped the question. Sure she liked him, but so did all of her sisters. And as much as she would like to rub it in Nino's face that Fuutarou fell in love with her... it just didn't seem right.

As she nervously waited for the question Fuutarou himself was sitting there questioning life itself.

To be honest he was out of options. He just wanted to find someone that he could talk to about the situation with Nino, but he didn't really think it through. So Miku popped into his head.

Others may see Miku and Nino's constant bickering as sign that the two weren't very close with each other. However... it was quite the opposite. Being the second and third children out of the five made it so they close.

So close to the point where they were always in each other's business that arguments would erupt from it.

But Fuutarou understood that she knew Nino the best.

"Sorry for calling you out here so suddenly." he started.

She shook her head, "No it's fine. I was just heading out anyways."

"This is going to sound really weird but... you sort of know all of your sisters well. That's why you can impersonate them so well."

"Your point being?" Miku hung her head.

"Well I was just wondering... if you were Nino and you found out that my memories returned and everyone else knew already, how would you react?"

"She would say 'Fuu-kun you idiot!' And then dash off just to get away from you, but then realize that she literally left you and you didn't go after her so now she's even more upset." Miku explained.

"So what should I do?"

She got up, "Beats me, I don't really care about it that much. If anything,..

she stared at Fuutarou for a moment.

"I'm happy."

Hello everyone! Thanks for reading this part! So as you all know I do weekly uploads on Wednesdays at 12pm eastern time, however with the soon approaching midterms I'm going to take one week off.

That means the next time I will upload it will be October 11!

This is only a short hiatus not like the 6 month one I hit you guys with before. But just wanted to let you all know so it doesn't seem like I died!

Okay see you all then! And since we're all here tell me your favorite anime movie.

-Kazuya