Remember That Night?

We went for a drive, 2:30 in the morning
I kissed you, it was pouring
We held each other tight before the night was over
You looked over your shoulder
Oh, I was doing fine
You said, "Remember that night?
Remember that night?"

Harry

This hurts more than anything I've ever experienced.

She looked so broken, standing there with her shorts on and her perfect silky skin damaged by lines upon lines, spread through her thighs and stomach...it looked so painful.

I want to help her so fucking bad, but all I can do is hold her so impossibly close and hope she knows how much I care for her. I love Lila. I'm so in love with her it hurts and seeing her standing there in the doorway with those intense scars across her skin was one of the most painful things I've ever gone through.

I look back on where we were a little over a week ago, and how hard it was to try and even get her to talk to me, and here we are now, cuddling in bed at ten in the morning, her still soundly asleep on my chest and my hands on her back, my mind racing with thoughts as I just stare down at her beautiful skin, pressing my lips to her hair and I squeeze my eyes shut.

Almost six years ago we were spending nights out by the beach, loving every single part of our young lives and inhaling any candy and sweets we could throughout the whole time...I miss those times.

(flashback) (Third pov)

"Are you dating anyone?" The young Harry asks the soft-voiced Lila as they sit on the shore of the beach, the bandmates somewhere on the shore running around in the water, the two matured teenagers too absorbed in each other's warmth to even think about the others at the moment.

Lila shakes her head slowly, passing the bottle of candy-flavored alcohol that Zayn had managed to sneak out of Atlas' secret stash. Harry takes a slow sip, resting it on his lap and he looks over to the tired-eyed Lila, tapping her knee and she looks toward him, smiling at his ruffled curly hair.

"I've never had a boyfriend," She admits softly and so many things run through the young Harry's eyes at once. He couldn't believe what he just heard. The most beautiful girl in the whole wide world hadn't ever had a boyfriend?

"Really?" Harry says, not sure if she was joking or being serious. He widens his eyes when the bleach blonde girl nods, looking down to where her cold toes were buried in the sand, and harry feels guilt rumble in his stomach.

"That's alright...I'm sure you'll find someone soon," He says, trying not to make his voice sound too fake and he inhales a lucky breath when she smiles, looking up at the curly boy.

"I hope so," She smiles up at him, and he hands her the bottle, watching her innocent lips wrap lightly around the lid, wincing when the strong liquid runs down her throat, harry giggling at her.

"If you want to-"

"What are you kids doing!?" Harry and Lila both jump to their feet when Atlas' voice screeches over the sound of the crashing waves, and Lila looks back at her dad, biting her inner lip as he stomps down the wooden steps, looking at the bottle in his daughter's hands and the older man lets out a sigh.

"Rosie," he drawls out, the nickname for Lila usually making Harry smile, but not right now. Lila cowards under her father's intense stare, handing him the bottle and he looks back and forth between the two.

"I told you guys to be c'aful...what're you thinking? Stealing my stuff," He sighs, and Lila apologizes under her breath just as Harry does, the two looking at each other with small smiles.