This Side Of Paradise

Passion is crashing as we speak
You seem so lonely
(Are you lonely?)
You're the ground my feet won't reach
So if you're lonely, Darling you're glowing
If you're lonely come be lonely with me

Harry

Nothing is more beautiful than waking up to her in my arms, especially after last night.

After washing all of the chlorine off of myself in the morning, I made my slow way to the kitchen to start making my coffee, knowing Lila would drink the majority of it anyway.

She had been sleeping for a while, but I could tell she wasn't sleeping as soundly as normal, and she had gotten up for a while last night, but I didn't say anything about it, but I did make sure to check her thighs and stomach before I got up, feeling a bit guilty for even thinking about that.

It still does worry me, the fact that she doesn't even talk about it as much anymore, but I don't want to keep prodding her about it, especially if it causes her another nightmare.

I start to slowly walk back to the bed once I get the coffee, and I frown when I see her curled up by the pillows, holding her stomach and she sits up quickly when she sees me.

"You okay, baby?" I whisper at her as I sit down, soothing my knuckle over her cheek and her tired eyes drop, but she nods anyway, not saying anything and I watch with curious eyes as she sips the coffee, smiling down at the cup.

"Can we stop at Walmart or somewhere before we get on the road...I was gonna look at the makeup they have if that is okay," she says quietly, and i fawn over her shyness, nodding happily.

"Of course...I've been wanting to learn more about that stuff so maybe you can show me what some of it is?" I say and her smile gets even wider, setting the mug aside quickly before attacking me with kisses, and I grin at how excited she is about me getting into the idea of learning about makeup.

"What do you wanna get?" I ask, tugging her into my lap, and I try to not get cloudy-minded as she nips across my jaw, her hands already in my hair and she pulls away.

"I'm out of my mascara and maybe I could get like a new pallet or something...dunno really," she whispers and I nod, holding her close and she shoves her tired head into my neck, staying in my arms for the next few minutes before I patted her bum, sending her to go get ready as I packed our bags up and set them by the door, looking back at her as she presses her hand against her stomach, sighing, but I don't say anything.

Is she ill and hiding it from me? Is something wrong?

I try and ignore it as we eat a breakfast with the crew, my hand on her thigh and soothing it the best I can. She didn't eat very much, and I grilled her on it, but she just shrugged and said her stomach hurt a bit, so I guess she just doesn't feel good today.

"Baby," I whisper when she rests her forehead against my shoulder, her eyes closed tiredly and I sigh, pulling her chair closer.

"Does your stomach hurt?" I ask and she nods, my hand creeping over and I soothe my hand over her small little stomach, her tired eyes closed and she hums happily at the touch, so I continue throughout the breakfast, her not saying much as we get on the bus, on our way to the target near the hotel.

"Can we take a nap after?" I hear Lila whisper quietly from where I had practically forced her to lay down in my bunk, and my heart sings at the sound of her voice as I strum on my guitar quietly.

"Of course my love...I'll make sure we get a nap before the flight, okay?" I smile, pressing delicate little kisses all over her face and she smiles sleepily, one of my tee shirts over her small body, covered by one of the tour zip-ups.