The Story

Oh, and I'm afraid that's just the way the world works
It ain't funny, it ain't pretty, it ain't sweet
Oh, and I'm afraid that's just the way the world works
But I think that it could work for you and me
Just wait and see
It's not the end of the story

Lila Rose

There will never be something as glorious as waking up next to him.

I had missed this so much, feeling like he's all mine again, and he's here to touch and kiss and love me through this whole tour. He talked me to sleep last night, telling me everything we were going to do over the next months on tour, and how excited he was to take me around the world even more with him.

Everything settled last night. No more nightmares, no more screaming and crying and no more leaving him. Because he promised me from now on he's never leaving me alone. He's never going to take himself away from me again. I told him last night how ready I was to take on the rest of this tour, and take on the fact that Ian can't get to me anymore. He may still be out there, but he doesn't see how much I've changed, and grown from when he last saw me.

"Lila," I hear Harry mumble from where I was cuddled on the bed, alone now after falling asleep again. I stretch my arms out, whining at the loss of his warmth, and he giggles, his feet pattering against the floor of our hotel room, and he slides onto the bed next to me, running a hand through my hair and I smile to myself happily. "We've gotta get ready to go," he whispers and I shove my face into his outer thigh, him running his hand through my hair once again before patting my head. I sit up, standing from the bed and I make my way into the tile risen room, the cold marble against my once warm feet.

"You sleep okay?" He asks, watching me closely as I get dressed, and I glance up at the mirror to connect my eyes with his big green ones. "Better than the other night," I whisper, and his eyes fall to the floor, my stomach churning at the look he holds on his most beautiful face, all of his emotions flowing, honey like, through his eyes. I can always tell what my Harry is thinking. I finish tying the tie of my sweats, pushing my hair away from my neck, and I walk towards him.

"I should've been there," he mumbled to himself and I rest my forehead against his hair, holding his hands between us, and I close my eyes. "It's over now...we're okay now," I mumble into his hair, holding his head up and I stand with him, holding his hand in mine with a force that isn't usual with him. "M' gonna make all of this better, Lila, I'm going to fix this for us," He whispers as I carry my bag down and I smile to myself sadly, standing on my toes to reach him and press a kiss on his cheek, his warmth enclosed around me as he holds me against him for a second, just holding himself up tall so I can press my face into his chest.

"Let's get to the airport," he whispers, kissing me one long time before slipping out the door of our hotel room.

______________________

"People have been sayin' that there's a lot of fans going to this show, more than usual actually," Yasmine says from across from me, my hand enclasped in Harry's, our feet touching. "Must be a famous guy coming or something," Harry mumbles comically, and I laugh up at him.

"Not like Harry Styles is coming or anything," I scoff and he grins, shoving his head against my hair and I smile happily to myself, knowing everything was just going to go back to normal. No more worries about who he's with. No more nights alone. No more worrying about Ian. He can't get to me when I'm with Harry. The table we sat at in the airport was in a select area, but I knew immediately something was wrong when Matty and Ellen come busting through the doors.