When I Grow Up

When I grow up, I just want to pay my bills
Rappin' 'bout the way I feel, oh yeah
I just want to make a couple mil'
Leave it to the fam in the will, oh yeah
I just want to sign a record deal
Maybe buy a house up in the hills, oh yeah

Harry

Asking Lila to come home with me was an easy decision in my book, and as I drive us from the house to the airport to get a flight to Manchester, I've definitely made the best decisions. I look over at her, her hair pulled back in a messy ponytail, and I reach over, toying with her soft hair before she kissed the palm of my hand, holding it in her lap and my other hand stays on the wheel.

We woke up naked in my bed this morning after last night, and it felt new, it felt like there was something so beautifully different about the way we were intimate last night, and it's changed us. We had to get on the road early, so Lavender dragged me out of bed and into the shower, washing the sand off of us, and I let her hold me for a little bit, telling me all about how excited she was to be with me on Christmas this year.

"What do you want for Christmas this year, baby?" I whisper, looking over at her, and she smiles at me. We had promised to only get each other a few things, which is already half done for me with the things I've gotten for her along the way that I've hidden. "You to grow your hair out again," she smiles and I scoff, her laughing. "I'm not doing that," I grumble, and she frowns.

"Why not? You looked so good," she whispers and I roll my eyes, looking out the window. As the airport comes into sight, and I can practically see her whole body sink into the chair. "Hey, Lila," I whisper and she looks over towards me as I find a parking spot, parking and turning towards her, holding her face. "I know you hate airports and airplanes, but I want you to try and think about the good things," I whisper and her bottom lip trembles, my thumb running over it.

"But all I see is him," she whispers, and I kiss her lips, pressing my forehead against hers. "Tell me some good things that we've done on the plane, tell me about that," I whisper and she takes a minute, looking down into my lap. "Our first flight together and you held my hand...and when we made out in the pod," she smiles and I nod, grinning against her lips and I can tell she feels better now.

"See...you don't need to be scared anymore,baby. He's never going to get to you again," I whisper and she kissed my lips, smiling into them.

"Cmon, let's go make out on the plane again,"
_____________

Lila was on the phone with Stevie as I laid my head in her lap, her hands in my hair as I closed my eyes, my head shoved in her stomach and I listen to her and Stevie's conversation as she talks. I love hearing her talk, and the way her accent slips out even more when she talks to her family is so cute to me.

I know she misses Kentucky, and the fact that this is the first Christmas without her dad is going to be so hard for her, but we're going to be okay. We survived Ian and Jace, so we can survive anything. Lila hung up the phone, throwing it aside and she looks down at me, scratching my scalp and I groan at the feeling.

"What are we gonna do after Christmas?" She asks, me keeping my eyes closed and i sleepily answer. "I always go to London for the new year...spend your birthday there maybe?" I ask and she nods enthusiastically, and I smile, knowing how much London means to her after everything.  "Spend some time alone for a while...be away from everything," she smiles, sighing happily and it just means so much that she loves my second home, aside from my la house. She looks down at me, massaging my temples and I relax, listening to her talk.

"What do you think about going to Kentucky with me after the tour?" She whispers, and I open my eyes to look up at her. I know how much that place means to her, especially her and her dad, and the fact that she asks me to come with her has my heart singing. "I'd love to go with you, baby," I whisper, sitting up and I press my lips to hers, smiling into them happily.