Emerald Eyes

The birds they sang a melody
My heart was keeping time and we
Were dancing on the edge of something new
Slow at first but still it seems
That we'll go down in history
As lovers from the start, just me and you

Lila Rose

When I was younger, I used to hate flying with my dad, but now that I'm here with Harry, it's completely different. I still get a little anxious when it comes to getting on the plane, and this time was extremely worse because of everything, but Harry just talked me through everything, and told me it was going to be okay.

Which I'm slowly starting to believe.

I currently sat next to Harry in my seat, my eyes searing into the back of Yasmines seat informs of us, Harry sitting next to me, scrolling on his phone and I've never been so attentive to every persons move on a single flight. I know Harry notices it, and I know he's worried, but I don't want him to have to take care of me anymore. I tried my best to do all I could for him yesterday, burning my throat with every word I could get out, but at the same time I know now I need to do more for him. I haven't really talked much today again, yesterday so exhausting, but I know that the second we get back into the house we're staying at in Perth. We have today's show in Perth, three days total, before we're off for Christmas. I have no idea what or even where I'm going for Christmas, but I know I really don't want to leave Harry. I can't do that.

"Lila Rose," Harry says, shaking my arm and I snap out of the space I'm in, blinking quickly, Harry's eyes wide and I can see worry piling in them. "I've been calling your name, baby," he whispers, pushing the dividers between the seats up and he pulls me into his arms, my head spinning. "Whats going on, hm?" He whispers into my ear and I just squeeze him once around his shoulders, shoving my head into his chest, jumping at the simple sound of the tires being let down onto the runway, knowing this isn't safe, but I can't just sit there anymore by myself.

"It's alright, I've got you," he whispers and I let my eyes finally close in exhaustion, squeezing him again as we hit the ground, the plane slowing down, and all I can hear is how loud everything is right now. The last time I was in an airport I saw Ian die in front of my eyes. And now I have to walk through the landing again, as if nothing happened. "You're shaking," he whispers, the plane slowing to a stop with every breath I take. I cling to him with the most force I can, breathing him in with every force in my body, not ready for any of this to be happening today.

It was only three days ago, not like it was months or anything, but that doesn't change anything. The fact that this actually has to be happening right now makes me feel as if the universe was really out to get me. This isn't okay knowing Harry and I just went through this a few days ago. "Lila talk to me, focus on me, I'm right here," Harry says, holding my face in his hands and I can't feel my legs as he pulls me back. "I can't do it-I c-cant walk t-through there," I whisper in a cry, his eyes falling and he pecks my lips, pushing my head down into his neck and tears soak the hood of his hoodie. "We won't, Lila, I'll walk to the cars with you okay? It's okay, you hear me?" He shakily whispers and I run my hands through his hair.

"I love you, Harry," I whisper, pressing my lips against his neck and he sighs, his stiff shoulders settling with every kiss. The plane fully stops, and I climb off of him, wiping my eyes and I hold my hand out to him. I'm not going to let him comfort me through this when I don't comfort him. He takes my hand, grabbing his bag, and we walk down the stairs, my eyes adjusting to the cold night air, and I feel my body shake at the sight of the paparazzi. "Harry," Jeff calls, and he doesn't even flinch, squeezing my hand tighter and the paparazzi call out our names.

"Harry, let her go," Jeff spits behind him, and I try and let Harrys hand go, ignoring the immense pain that would cause me, but he squeezed my hand even tighter, his eyes staring straight ahead. His jaw was clenched, ticking at every step, and his long legs walked faster and faster, pulling me along. "Harry, it's okay," I try and whisper, but when his eyes finally catch mine I can see the tears in them, and I can see every emotion he's having.