Chapter 17

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

"What brings you here?"

"Fought with that old punk," Jaden responded with a frown.

"I need a place to crash. Would you mind if I stay here for a few more days?" he added.

"Come on, Dude! My house is always open for you. You're welcome anytime. Feel free. What happened, anyway?"

"He wants me to quit the band and pursue our family business instead. Damn it! He kicks me out of my pad, freezes all my accounts, and he even threatened me that he'll do everything to disband our band. And worst, he said that in front of my friends. What a shame!"

"Then what's your plan?"

"I'm fucking broke and I don't want to burden you and my friends. I'll find a partime job and a place to rent."

"You don't have to do that. You can stay here for as long as you want... Here, take this, you can get your allowance using my account."

"No, dude, I want to prove something... I wanna stand with my own feet and live the life like how I wanted to be... I want to live with my dreams. To live a life that I dreamed of for my future, without depending on someone else's money."

I sighed and gave him a bitter-sweet smile. I was kinda bit embarrassed for myself. I wish I could be as fearless as Jade. No matter how hard I try to conceal it, but I'm the true losser... I'm no match with him... I'm just a poor, scared, little boy, hiding in an image of a fake reputable king. To be precise, like a damn puppet, manipulated by all of the high expectations from people. Deceiving them to be someone great and mighty which I'm really not. I was desperately craving for all of the admiration and praises... Duke was great, impressive, perfect... Yes, that gives me happiness... for a moment, but it doesn't give me peace and harmony. I was scared that with just one wrong move, people might end up judging me for being less enough... so I always give all my best and I don't allow room for mistakes.

"Dang! You guys are here again?! Don't you have your own house?" We heard Vlance's rants the moment she comes down.

"Shut up, you nasty snitch!" Kyle shouted as he threw the throw pillow in her direction but she was quick and relaxed as she dodges the pillow, without even blinking. She's without any doubt a master psychopath!

Jaden's friends came along with him at this late night. They were just concerned for him. Jaden's friends were having fun playing some sort of only teenagers would know... a mobile game, I bet.

"Double kill!"

"Triple kill!"

"Maniac!"

Those were the sounds coming from their mobile phones as they continue to play together.

"Tyrone, I need help!" said JAF as he tensely presses his fingers rapidly to his phone's screen. They were all focused and enjoying the game as they make quick little jerks with mixed tension and excitement.

"Aww! Mother fucker!" One of them yelled and they start laughing.

"Damn! That's gold, bro! We're falling... We're falling."

"W-w-wait! Let me bait 'em... lemme bait 'em."

"I'm nervous, guys," said Liam with a hint of excitement.

"Heck! Damage! I'm pulling off... I'm pulling off. Wait for a second," Russel said in a hurry and then they were half laughing with a hint of displease but were still having fun.