Chapter 46

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

I took the last shot from the glass of my scotch before going back to the hospital. I needed this to numb the pain I was feeling. When I'm sure that there were no more trace of my red and swollen eyes from crying, I took some of our things and left.

I dropped by the grocery to buy her some fruits and some fresh flowers from the flowershop before finally heading back to the hospital.

The doctor advices us that it is better if she gets admitted for the night for them to monitor her and if she recover tomorrow, they will let her go home. I requested to move her to the hospital's VIP room for her and the baby to get the best of comfort to rest.

When I get there, She was already awake. Her face looks so pale and her lips are cracked. "Duke," her voice is hoarse.

I hurried to her when she tried to force herself to sat up. "Do you need something? Just let mo know. Refrein yourself from doing unneccessary movements. It's not good for the baby." I support her to move properly. She's so weak right now.

"Where's everyone?" I asked.

"Mom Dulce's at the bathroom. Dad and my brother left just a while ago."

"You're back. I should be going then. Do you need anything before I leave?" mom came out from the bathroom.

"You may go home now, Mom. Take care." I kissed her on her forehead.

"Duke, did you drink? I can smell you."

"I just took a shot." I answered trifly.

"You even have time to drink when your wife if in the hospital. Duke, what is your problem? "

"I'm sorry, mom. It won't happen again."

Her brows form a one line but eventually she just let it slip away.

"Okey, I'll be back tommorrow. You take good care of your wife."

She turned her head to Vlance and then she kissed her on her cheek. "Get well soon, Vlance. Take care of my apo, okey?" She answered a weak smile.

I took care of her as soon as Mom left.
"Are you hungry?" She nodded.

I peeled her an orange and sliced her an apple and I put them in a plate. I put a bread in the table incase she wants carbs.

I wanted to feed her but she told me she can do it her self so I just let her and I took the the flowers and arrange them in the vase and put it on top of the bedside table. I notice the dress that she had worn earlier at the party was fold and was now filled with wine stain. I just smiled bitterly. She even dressed nice for him, knowing that she hates wearing gowns, she must be madly inlove with him. I remember when she insisted to wear a tuxedo when we attended a party back then because she doesn't like to wear an evening gown.

"Duke."

"Yes, anything?" I quickly come to her when she called me. I was so worried everytime she called me as if she was so fragile at this moment that I need to be very very alert but gentle at the same time.

"Are you not mad at me?" She looks so sorry and guilty and I don't like seeing here in that state.

I sighed.

I was so calm and gentle as I reach for her hand and I kiss it. "Vlance, what kind of question is that? Why would I be mad when I already have a reason to not to." I caress her belly, lovingly.