Chapter 49

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

"Are you ready to find out what's the baby's gender?" The doctor asked. We are in the clinic for a prenatal check-up. Vlance is already twenty weeks pregnant and today, the doctor will check if she can see the baby's gender and I'm so excited for the gender reveal party that I have been I'm planning. Well, I still haven't told her about it, but I hope she would agree with my idea.

"Do you have plans for a gender reveal?"

Unfortunately, before I could even say a word, Vlance answered quick and straight, "No, Doc. We're not going to have a gender reveal party. You can tell us now." I felt dishearten by what she said, and I just can't object.

"Alright." The doctor squeezes a gel and then she slid the ultrasound tool on her belly.

I excitedly look at the screen monitor and we saw our baby. I am so happy that the child is healthy and often kicking like a soccer inside her mom's womb.

"Did you see that? It's a baby girl," My heart skip a bit when I saw her. Just like her mother, she is also lovely.

I asked the doctor for a copy of the ultrasound so that we could keep it. I wanted to collect all her firsts; From her first hair cut to her first nail cut. I even plan to make sure I could keep a record of her first word. I wanted to keep it all our baby's keepsake like a time capsule. I even asked the doctor if I could get a copy of ultrasound clips.

"I'm... We...We're going to have a daughter. My princess. Oh, God! Our Princess!" I exclaimed in euphoria. Vlance and her Obgyn giggled to my reaction.

---

"Ooops, careful." I assisted her on getting in the elevator. I decided to build an elevator at our mansion for her so that she would be no longer be needing the stairs. It is much safer for her to use an elevator then to walk back an forth the stairs. After her prenatal check-up, we go home straight.

Even though she is already twenty weeks pregnant, her belly is quite small for five months that she only wears her usual style of baggy shirt paired with comfortable leggings with elastic waistband support, designed for pregnant women like her.

"Vlance, Duke!" The boys appeared before the elevator get closed.

"You guys, are here again." Vlance rolled her eyes. We were stuck at the elevator with them.

"Baka mausog ang anak ko sa pagpunta niyo dito ng madalas. Update niyo na rin kaya address niyo sa mga ID's ninyo tutal dito naman na kayo lagi umuuwi," she added, with a sarcastic tone.

"Grabe ka naman! We're just excited to meet our nephew. We'll teach him how to play guitar, drums, and many other instruments." The boys are expecting for a nephew. They wanted a boy.

"Dream off! I can teach her by my own, even better."

"Fine, then we'll just teach him to play soccer and basketball."

"Mahiya naman kayo sa anak ko. Eh, mas magaling pa ako sa sports kesa sa inyo." Here they go again.

"That's enough, guys. You don't need to argue about petty stuff like that. And no one's gonna teach soccer to my princess because I'm going to enroll her to ballet class?"

"Wait. What did you just say? Princess? You mean you're having a daughter? What about the gender reveal? I thought you're plannin... Aurrgh! That hurts, Dude. What's your problem?" I hurriedly cover Kyle's garrulous mount to stop him from talking too much and gave them a menacing look, silently warning them not to talk about the gender reveal I've been planning, supposedly.