Chapter 47

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

"Oh, my God! Duke!" Mom panic when they noticed my presence.

"Minerva! Oh, Minerva!" Odie lamented as he come to her and held her. She was running out of blood.

"Arghhh! Mga hayop kayo!" He let out a loud wail of anguish with his knees, embracing his wife, who was fighting for her life.

"Ano pa ang ginagawa niyo! Kulimos na kayo!" Dad ordered to his men in a very firm and authoritative tone without showing any signs of panic or guilt in him.

I was struggling to breathe but I could still see them as they took Odie and locked him up and then they carried Minerva and rushed her to somewhere I don't know.

"Oh, God! My son! Please, hurry and call his doctor!" Mom was trembling and all sweaty. My eyes wane closing until I was completely passed out.

When I opened my eyes, we were already back to our family mansion.

"Duke." I automatically shoved mom away when she tried to touch me. "Don't you dare touch me!"

"Duke, my son, I-I'm so sorry..."

"SHUT UP! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOU! YOU'RE ALL DISGUSTING!" I stood up and snatched off the needle that was attached to my vein and I marched out of the room.

"Duke, please talk to me..." She followed me, begging and was trying to stop me.

"Duke, please. I'm s... sorry" She tried hard to pull me with her knees pinned on the ground.

"TAMA NA! IF YOU CONTINUE TO DO THIS TO ME, I MIGHT END UP GETTING SICK FOR REAL! NABABALIW NA AKO! DAHIL SA INYO!" She was trembling and her eyes were all red and wet. I pushed her hard away from me, completely ignoring her. I feel so disgusted with my parents. I can't believe they can do evil things.

I heard my phone ring; it was Germano calling and so I answered it immediately.

"Germano."

"Boss, Minerva was captured by your father's men. Nandtito ako ngayon sa labas ng mansion niyo. Pupuslit ako. "

"No. Don't." I stop him.

"Umalis ka na ngayon d'yan. Magkita tayo at mag-usap." I hurried to meet him, and he was already waiting for me when I get there.

"Boss," he greeted me with his usual rough monotonous tone and a poker face. We sat down and he gave me a glass of whiskey.

"I want you to stop your investigations about Vera and Odie."

"Sigurado ka ba?" I took a sip on the glass before nodding to respond.

"It seems like you know something."

"How far have you known already?" he added.

I gritted my teeth and let out a deep sigh. "I killed her, the real Vera. Eighteen years ago." I answered, letting off my guards down. I trust him with all my secrets because he's the only person I know who could help me.

"Now I have come to finally know the reason why your parents have to come to that extent." This is all my fault. If I didn't kill her, they won't have a reason to do that in the first place.

"I killed my wife's mom with my own hands."

"Vera is alive." I froze about what he just said.

"Do you want me to continue?" When he was sure about my reaction, looking like I want to know more, he continues. "So, you already know that Minerva is an impostor, right?"