Chapter 48

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

"Duke, what's the matter?" She gently pulled away and cupped my face, caressing my cheeks with her thumb.

"Are you alright?"

"It's nothing. I... I just can't imagine losing you."

"Huy! Halla! Ano ka? Main Character? Tigilan mo ako, ah. Kinikil..." She paused.

"Kinikilabutan ako sa pinagsasabi mo."

That made me chuckle. She talks too fast that it sounds like she's in a flip top battle. "What? Can you slow down? I can't understand you."

"Never mind. Let's get inside." She pulled me as she led the way in.

"Hey, Duke!" Some of the boys greeted me while they were busy playing some musical instruments on the couch. I guess they were composing a song, again.

I also notice there was a giant Christmas tree standing right beside the grand staircase in the living room and I saw Dannelle, Gino, Tan-tan, Elmo, Kulas, and Bert were mirthfully decorating it. Being so hectic these past few days, I didn't realize that Christmas is just a few days away.

"Grabe! Anlake ng Christmas tree na 'to!" Kulas commented in awe.

"Kaya nga 'no? Masmalaki at masmataas pa 'to sa bahay natin eh. Kung ganito ba naman dekora sa bahay baka sa labas na tayo ng bahay matutulog dahil hindi na tayo kakasya sa loob." Kulas responded.

"Ang ganda ng Chrismas tree! Sana may ganito kami sa bahay." Tan-tan said.

"Kaya mag-aral ka ng mabuti, Tan-tan para kapag nakapagtapos ka na at makahanap ng magandang trabaho o kaya naman magkaroon ka ng sariling negosyo, madali mo na lang mabibili lahat ng gusto mo." Gino motivated the young boy.

"Nako, matalino ang batang 'yan! Kahit hindi siya mag-aral, sigurado akong yayaman siya dahil indeman ang gaya niya. Magaling kayang mag-online games si Tan-tan. Yayaman siya kapag nakilala ang pangalan niya balang araw."

"May punto ka, Elmo. Pero habang hindi pa siya sikat, mainam na mag-aral muna siya." Gino asserted.

"Good evening, Sir Duke!" Dannelle greeted me when she noticed us, and so the rest did the same.

"Oh, Hi!"

"Where are the others?" I noticed that the others were not around.

"They were busy grilling at the patio."

"We can't agree on what to have for dinner. Dad and Vlad want Chicken, Russle and JAF wants sausage, Kyle want beef and burger, Jaden and Dannelle want to eat Veggies, Liam and Tyrone wants to have pork, and I want Lamb Chops. So, we come up with a better idea, we decided to have a Mixed Grill Party outside..."

"You want Lamb Chops? I can get you one. Ding, look for a shop who sells premium..."

"Relax, Duke. Someone came a while ago and they gave us Lamb meat." Vlance cuts me off. Lamb's meat is somewhat rare to find that is why I was kind a bit jumpy when she told me that she wants it.

"And who is it?"

"Do you still remember those farmers who came to our house to get Mommy Vanilla?"

"What? Vanilla? Who?"

"Ano ka ba naman, Duke! Si Vanilla! The Momma Cow who gave birth to a calf. Remember?"

"Oh..." Vlance being weird again. Well, speaking of that cow, of course, I will never forget that.