Chapter 32

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

I heard a voice... Scene Confusing...

"Put that thing down, please..." Hands shaking, voice cracking. Tears bursting.

Tiny fingers on the trigger; It seems innocent, but not.

Bang! Gun's fire

Silence...

Longer silence...

Deep... Longer silence...

Blood trails the ground

The room was dark but the dim of the lamp; Imbued with nothing but eerie.

"Bela has fallen," utter.

"Dios Mio!" came a woman wailed in horror.

"What have you done?!"

"Y-you killed her!"

"Diablo!"

"El Hijo del diablo!"

---

"No! No! No!"

"Hey..."

"Noooo!"

"Hey! Hey, Duke! Wake up, you old geezer!"

I felt something hard that hit my face and it brought me back; awake in reality.

It was just a bad dream; but why does it feel real. Like it happened before.

"Hoy! Ano ba'ng nangyayari sa 'yo! Geez! You scared the hell out of me! I thought you're going to die or something..."

I snatched her and brace my arms tight to her. She's all that I need to calm myself and it did work. I felt relieved just by holding her.

"Duke, are you alright?" Her voice soften; filled with warmth and concern. She may have already felt the fear that had been drowning me.

She then tucked her arms around me when understood my silence.

"I'm just right here, Duke. Everything will be alright," her words were like calming pills; all the anxiety, extreme fear, and worry cease away in just an instant.

We heard the door open.

"Oh, God! Duke, my son."

"Mom."

Mom stormed to us and luck her arms around us. She's trembling.

"Woman, let go of us! We can't breathe." Vlance said in her usual rude manner.

"Oh, I'm sorry, my dear." She then let go.

"Vlance, would you please, at least try to be a little kind? She's my mom?"

"Oh, Duke... I'm just fine. I know Vlance has a kind heart and she doesn't mean to..."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be like this but I promise to try my best to be gentle and kind to everyone the next time. I'll try to filter those unwanted words that come out my mouth and speak with grace and modestly as much as possible." Vlance uttered out of a sudden and it did make us stop for a moment. She humbled down and take back what she just said.

We're both in great surprise knowing how immature Vlance was.

"Oh, Vlance. You don't have to... you got the purest of the purest heart that I've ever met my entire life... Just like your mom. How I wish Vera was her. She'd be happy to see you both ended up marrying each other."