Chapter 42

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

I was taken aback out of my trance when I heard my phone rang.

I didn't even realize the time had flown so fast. For 3 hours, I was just staring vacantly, absentmindedly, preoccupied by the undesirable thoughts that was running on my mind. The pile of documents in my table that needs my approval were left untouched.

"Dad," I answered the phone, lack of energy.

"What is wrong with you, Duke? Where are you? We've been waiting for you. Don't you know that? Don't tell me you also forgot about this."

"I'm sorry, Dad, I'm not feel well right now."

"What? Does your mom know about this already? Have you meet your doctor today? I heard you have an appointment with Doctor Requerva," His tone changed, completely worried.

"Dad, it's fine. Mom doesn't have the need to know about it. I just want to rest. Would you excuse me?"

"It's alright. You are excused. By the way, I'm planning to attend the upcoming Business Convention in Boston. Several big companies all over the world are going to attend because the convention will foster Doctor Requerva's studies. And he will deliberately discuss about his discoveries. This will be a great opportunity for us. I will fly next to him in three days. You may come if you want. Well, among us here, you're the most suitable to represent our company. You should think about it. "

"I should hang up the phone now, my son. You better go home now and get rested. Bye!"

It was as if there was a light bulb that lit up in my head. I quickly pressed on the intercom and called for my secretary. "Book a flight for me."

---

The next day...

"Sir, everything has been settled. The chauffeur is waiting for you."

"Good job. Thank you!" I stood from my swivel chair and took my step.

"Have a safe trip, Sir. See you next week!"

"Good bye!" I said before finally leaving my office.

I arrived at our private lounge in the airport. All of the crew were seemed to be intimidated the moment they saw me.

"Good morning, Sir! We received an urgent notice from your secretary, and we apologized for the very short amount of time that we could prepare for you." The Flight Operations Manager together with the other flight stewards greeted me.

"This way, Sir. Please, follow me."

I followed them until we reach the entrance. Of course, I don't have the need to undergo such airport procedures like everybody else does, excepted for the immigration office. My people can do all the other procedures for me.

"Please, come in, Sir."

"So, this is how it looks like." This was the first time I had entered a commercial plane. I only see them through pictures during product development presentations but now, I could finally see it and get to experience how to travel with some group of people I don't know.

Since Vlance had booked the center seat, I have to picked the nearest seat and that is by the window. The seats were arranged into double seaters on the center, while there are single seater by the window.

No one knows what I had gone through except for my secretary. The fight was already fully booked when we tried to book the same flight. I asked my secretary to booked the seat that was next to Vlance but since the asshole had taken the aisle seat next to her and for sure, there is no way he'd be negotiable enough to sell his seat to me, and also definitely for sure, I don't want Vlance to know about my actions. If I transact with that moron, he'll definitely tell Vlance about it and this may result to making her not trust me. I have no other choice but to take the other seat by the window near her and we negotiated with the person who initially booked the seat and it was never easy.