Chapter 45

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

The next day came, we start the morning with her favorite Hot Chocolate and a continental breakfast. The local breads taste so good. There are also fruits, jam, and toast. Borealis Basecamp staff prepared plenty of delicious fuel for a day of adventures.

There are many fun activities waiting for us. We did Snowboarding, Skiing, Snowshoeing, ride the Snowmobile, and then a lunch break. Nothing warms the soul and stomach like a bowl of hot soup, especially after cold-weather activities. There are many other options from the menu like sandwiches, stir fry noodle dishes or pastas, salad, burgers, grilled, and snacks like tacos and dips.

We rested for a bit after we had our lunch and then we went down a very fast and long course of Snow tubing. The adventure is all new to me. I never had this kind of fun before, and I've been praying every now and then for a safe adventure and thankfully we didn't get any injuries from the activities. We had so much fun except for the Dog sledding. She is actually arguing with the caretaker right now.

"My husband can pay for all of them just release these poor dogs. This is animal cruelty! This is what you call fun? You're just making money out of these poor dogs!" She tugged the man by the collar and when I saw what she's about to do, I immediately grabs her fist which was about to land on the man's face. "Oh, no. Vlance, please calm down. Let me handle this." I told her.

I talked to the man and found out that before letting the dogs on the sled they were first checked if they are in good condition. The dogs are properly taken good care of. They were eating three meals a day and that doesn't include the snack or the treats they receive. They have frequent vet check-ups, and they have proper meal diet and vitamins. In fact, sledding was just part of their exercise which they offer to the tourist to have additional income to buy them their daily needs. And if the dogs don't feel doing the sledding, they just let them be and not force them. I told the man that we are not going to do the sledding instead, I asked him to let them play with us.

I went back to Vlance and talked to her. These time, she's already calm. Vlance being Vlance, what's new about it?

"I talked to them. Instead of doing dog sledding, we can just play with the dogs. Let's play fetch with them?" She wasn't speaking.

"Come on, Vlance. I don't want our vacation to get ruined. It's just sledding, it's not as worst as coyote hunting." When she was a kid, I know that she hunts coyote and dear because I saw it on her journal.

"I Hate coyote hunting. I did it just once, but that never happened ever again. Vlad and dad like it a lot and I always get angry every time they go out to hunt. It just so happened that one unfaithful day, when I saw a deer being preyed by a wild coyote. I just did what I can do to help the poor deer to save her life, and that is to shoot the coyote. That's when I was like 8 or 10, maybe? Dad and Vlad saw what I did, and they were so proud of me at that time, they even ask me to take a picture of my first hunt." I was amused by her story.

"Wow. You're so cool even as a kid well, up until now you've always been cool."

"Oh, bilib ka nanaman sa akin! Halika na nga at baka mas ma-inlove ka pa lalo." She made me laugh again.

We played with the Alaskan huskies, and they instantly fall in love with her. These huskies have the same energy and spirit as she is. When it's time for the dogs to rest, we visit the ranch where a herd of Reindeer are habituating and it was so nice we were able to get close to interact and went to a short walk with them.