Chapter 36

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

"Today is Monday. Your appointments for today will begin at 8:00 a.m. You will be having your third therapy session with Doctor Eliseo. He noted that there will be some tests that he wants you to undergo. At 10:00 a.m., you will be having a meeting with Mr. Germano, he has some updates about the investigation you ordered. At 11:00 AM there will be a meeting with the Investors regarding the petroleum business that you have been developing. Your last meeting for today will be at 1:00 p.m., with Doctor Elleazar Requerva and Don Cecilio de Verde. Doctor Ellie will be presenting the new drug that he has been developing. I would also like to remind you about the Corporate Inauguration Party tonight at 7:00 PM. Jane has already prepared everything that you will need, particularly for Vlance."

"Great! I'll entrust everything to you now. I believe you can make it tonight better than I could imagine."

"Is there anything else that I can help you with?" she added.

"No, thanks! That's all."

I really can't wait for tonight's event. From now on, I intend only her and no one else that I want as my escort. Only a few from our society already know about our marriage and the reason why we don't worry too much about it, is because our society doesn't have time to gossip. We don't interfere with someone else's business. Besides, I already ordered my people from the legal department team to handle that matter. No one from the media is invited and as a matter of fact, it was also an initiative from our fellow elites who are owners of media and entertainment companies to keep our privacy safe. If only I were to decide, I would be the proudest to let the world know about us but I respect my wife.

---

I arrived at the hospital just in time and right now, I just finished undergoing some tests. I was instructed to immediately proceed to Doctor Eliseo's clinic after they had the result. 

"How have you been doing lately, Duke?"

"I already have the result of your test and it seems like you're doing greater than before."

"Well, Doctor, I could say, I am feeling much better now. Those illusions haven't been showing up these past few days. Maybe it's because I am diligent now with my medications unlike before. I was hoping this is the beginning of my permanent recovery."

"That's great to hear. Would you mind if I ask what made you finally change your mind and now you are very much willing to cooperate with us?" I was unable to get a word out. That was so random. I wasn't prepared.

In the corner of my mind, I thought to myself, It was all because of nothing but my wife. I just badly want to get healed as soon as possible so that I can take good care of her and our future family, not the other way around. All I want is to be a good husband for her. Many would say, I'm perfect but would that be perfect enough if I have this kind of condition? I'm not mentally fit. My illness was like a ticking time bomb, I don't know when it is going to explode and soon it may take over me. It's scaring me.

He noticed the delay in my response and maybe it was obvious that I wasn't comfortable so he just changed the topic. "It's fine, It won't be necessary for you to answer that question."

"Now let's proceed with our session for today." He took his iPad and read the content on the screen.

"Well, I've already read your practice assignment that I emailed you during our previous session."

I was given a number of columns A-B-C, as practice assignments where in I was told to begin identifying what I was telling myself and the resulting emotions I felt from the previous session we had. In column A, I was instructed to write down any event that I had been worrying about or any from the figment of my delirium that had me in trouble. In column B, I was asked to record my thoughts about that specific event, referring to the first column. Under the column C, I was asked to write down my behavioral and emotional responses to the event, referring to both column A and B.