Chapter 31

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

"Have we not agreed about this?! You promised you'd stop spying on me! Mom, you're breaking our deal!"

"Because you broke it, first!"

I was dumbfounded. I couldn't even utter a single word.

"9 years, Duke. You've been fooling us for 9 years... You promised us that you'll visit your doctor regularly if only we stop sending people to guard you, but what did you do? You broke the rule!"

"Is this why you came back?"

"Duke, this is for your own good—"

"I'm not insane!" I yelled.

"I don't get it why you keep on sending me to the hospital, introducing me to groups of psychiatric doctors. For fucking ten years, I endured those!"

As far as I could remember, I was still too young when they start sending me to doctors, prescribing me bunches of various drugs, and all those small metal discs with thin wires that are pasted onto my scalp; and I'm sick and tired of all of those.

When I turned ten, I started asking my parents why, but they couldn't even give me the answer. I started getting stubborn and skipped all the consultation sessions when I turned fourteen. I don't get why because I know that I'm physically and mentally fit. I felt like, they were sending me for an experiment that's why I lied to them about it.

She sighed trying to calm herself before starting to speak again. "I think, it's about time for you to know..." She paused.

I was silent waiting for her to speak. "When you were around 5 or 6 years old, we noticed something is wrong with you until we found out you're showing signs and symptoms of very early-onset schizophrenia..."

"That's why you have to undergo such procedures."

---

"Schizophrenia?" I chuckled satirically.
What are they taking me for? A retarded one? For Christ's sake; I'm totally well and sane.

I have been contemplating for more than an hour now since mom left together with Vlance. She told me she wants to have a moment with her daughter-in-law so she took her with her to go to her favorite salon in the city. I just hope they would get along together.

Up until now, I still couldn't believe myself; I just confessed my feelings for Vlance to my mother. She's the first person I've told about it and I think, that make sense. She's my mother after all.

Mom also convinced me to schedule an appointment with my doctor so I could resume all the consultations that I missed for ten years, but I don't think I would still need that. Besides, I've had never experienced any history of attacks that my mother told me I had experienced when I was just a young boy. I couldn't even recall having been experiencing hallucinations, delusion, nightmares, and such. I believe, nothing's wrong with me.

---

"Mga inutil! Napakasimple lang ng iniutos ko! 'yon ay ang hulihin siya ng buhay! Wala akong iniutos na idaan niyo sa dahas!"

"Boss, pasensya na. Nagawa naman po naming hulihin. Ang kaso, nang iwan namin ang lalakeng 'yon sa interogation room kasama si Boss Gil, hindi namin akalain na makakatakas siya sa puder ni Boss. Pagbalik namin sa loob ng interigation room, upang alamin ang kung anong nagaganap sa loob, natagpuan na lamang naming wala nang malay si Boss Gil kaya napilitan kaming paputukan siya pero sadyang mabilis ang pangyayari at huli na ang lahat dahil tuluyan na siyang nakatakas. Sa ngayon, ginagamot na ng Doktor si Boss Gil at inutusan niya kaming agad na magtungo sa 'yo upang ibalita ang lahat ng ito. Susunod agad si Boss pagkatapos niyang magamot, 'yon po ang bilin sa amin..."