Chapter 3

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

"Teri," I said, calling for my artificial intelligent secretary.

I sit on my swivel chair. "Good morning, Duke! Today is July 05, 20..., Monday, 8:30 AM. The weather for today in NCR is sunny with partly cloudy skies—" Teri, the AI answered monotonously.

"Teri, what are my scheduled appointments for today?" I asked.

"Duke, your appointments for today will start at 9:30 AM, a short meeting with the Legal Department's Division; At 1:00 PM, you with be attending the inauguration of the Estrella Heights at Alabang; And lastly, at 7:00 PM, you will be having a dinner meeting with the Del Prado's."

"Good morning, son!" My dad greeted me upon entering my office. Kasunod niya sa likod si Jane, my executive assistant.

"Good morning, Sir Duke!" Jane greeted me, and then put a coffee on my table.

"Son, are you ready for the dinner with the Del Prado's later? I'm expecting you to come earlier at the La Casa Imperial, nakakahiya naman kung paghihintayin natin ang mga Del Prado." He said, my dad values the Del Prado family so much; kahit magkakumpitensya ang pamilya namin sa negosyo ay mataas pa rin ang respeto niya sa pamilya ng mga Del Prado, our family has a very great bond and relationship with them.

"Of course, dad. Kailan ba kita binigo?"

My dad proudly smiled at me. "That is why I'm so proud of you, ikaw ang nagbibigay karangalan sa pamilya natin." Bumuntong hininga si dad at saka ako inakbayan.

"Sana, katulad ka din ng kapatid mong si Jaden. That kid never brings honor to our family. He always disappoints us."

"Come on, dad, Jaden is just not into managing our business, just let him do what he wants."

Jaden, my younger brother loves music and sports which my dad totally disagrees.

"He's great at music and sports, dad. You just don't see it because you can't accept what he ready wanted to pursue. I'm sure, someday, you'll be proud of him too, just give him chance, he's still young."

My dad just let out a heavy sigh.
"Masiyado mo kasing pinagbibigayan ang kapatid mo, kaya nakakampante siya at mas lalong pinapabayaan ang responsibilidad niya sa kumpanya natin pag dating ng panahon, kayo ang magmamana nitong lahat. What would you expect from your brother kung ikaw lang lagi ang namamahala?"

"I can handle this, dad. Don't worry."

My dad smiled once more. "I'm so proud of you, son."

Ever since I was young, my parents and the entire Galdonez and Imperial family have very high expectations of me. I always wanted to prove something to them, even sometimes they asked me things which is against my will, I would always end up saying yes or do the things they ask me, just to make them proud. Never did I disobeyed nor say no to them.

At a very young age, I have already proven everyone with my great achievements. When I was in elementary, I have that great ego that I must know everything; not only academically intellectual, but also, I must learn arts, music, sports, different languages, and a lot more. I have this craving for knowledge and learning because I believe that intelligence brings you to great success. When I reached high school, I had already started learning how to manage our business— Teri, my Artificial Intelligence, was my first successful project and within just a month that project became the talk of the town, that was my first achievement that I had established in our family business. I was only fourteen at that time.