Chapter 40

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

Right at the most inopportune moment, when I heard the gunshot, my decease fomented in just a second and took over my system. I collapsed and everything went black and I was sent to my subconsciousness, where there was a different world inhabiting.

I found myself in a very familiar place. filled with fear, I look around trying to be brave. As far as I could remember, this place is where I spent six years of my childhood. It was our family's old mansion. My parents decided to move; the same year when I was diagnosed with my mental health problem. Unlike before that all I could see was a gun and pointing it to Bella and then shoot her. Now, it was even clearer and it was scarier. This illusion is turning and turning in to reality. The longer it stays uncured, the more it gets vivid. If it continue like this, I probably end up going insane.

I could hear the scary and yet familiar tick of a metronome. It's stimulating the stage account of neurosis. I Turned around and there I saw my reflection at the gigantic glassed pendulum clock. I saw a boy and that boy was me. I was holding a gun. The same scenario every time my sickness takes place. I know that this is just an illusion. I wanted to fight and drop the gun but I couldn't control myself.

Unfortunately and eventually, It happen as it has to be, I end up pointing the gun to Bella and shoot her even if she begs for her life. I killed her. I know that everything in here was fake and yet I couldn't defeat the fake world that was inhibiting in my subconsciousness.

---

"Vlance!" Her name first came out of my mind. She was the fist person I look for when I woke up. I found myself in a hospital room. If I wasn't on my bedroom after an episode, sometimes, they would rush me to the hospital.

"Oh God! My son, do you feel better now?" Mom asked. Her voice cracked filled with anxiety.

"Mom, where's Vlance? She needs me right now. I need to talk with Jane. I should be with Vlance right now. "

"Oh, my son. Enough worrying too much. Everything's alright now. It's better you take a rest." She paused.

"Is there something been stressing you out lately? The doctor said, the main cause why you passed out is not only because of anxiety attacked. The test result shows that you must've been lacked of sleep late and you must've been drinking a lot. Jane even confirmed that you've been eating your meals irregularly. Everything accumulated and it triggered. You push yourself too hard that is why your body decide to shut down."

"Mom, I'm fine."

"Stop saying your okay when the truth is not really. My son, please."

"Mom, I want to see Vlance. Is she alright?"

She just sighed giving up. She then took the remote control and turn the TV on. "Vlance had been the hottest topic every where you go. She's all over the internet, magazines, radio, televion, be it in malls, coffee shops, even here at the hospital, she's everyone's topic.

"Marami ang dismayado at galit sa mga oras na ito dahil ang kasong kinasasangkutan ng kontrobersyal na trouble rebellious rockstar queen diumano basta na lamang naibasura ng walang naganap na paglilitis sa korte. Ayon sa pahayag ng kapulisya, matibay daw ang ibedensya na ang tunay na dahilan ng pagkamatay ng namayapa ay dahil sa kapabayaan ng doctor or malpractice. Inamin din iyon ng naturang Doctor ng walang pagaalinlangan sa kanyang pagkakamali at maluwag niyang tatanggapin ang anumang decision ng korte tungkol dito. Halos lahat kabilang na ang mga masugid na umiidolo sa Rockstar Queen ay hindi makapaniwala dito at naniniwala sila may nagaganap na pag mamanipula sa kaso. Maraming nagsasabi na baka nga daw binayaran laman ang korte upang baliktarin ang kaso at malinis ang pangalan nito. Sinong hindi magiisip ng ganitong bagay kung nagmula sa pamilyang alta ang naturang Rockstar Queen. Kamakailan nga lang ay nasangkot ito sa isyung droga at ilang lamang ang mga ito sa nalulusutan nito." I heard enough on the TV.