Chapter 37

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

"Duke! Lunch?" 

"You're here." It was pretty hard to control it but deep inside, I feel excited. Just by the thought of her surprising me a visit. Her presence alone had already made my day lighter. 

"Excuse me, Sir. Ms. Celestine is also here with us."

I turned my head to look for Celestine. I wouldn't have noticed her if I hadn't been told.

"Oh, Celestine, you're here. I have not noticed you right away. My apology. Is there anything I could help you with?"  

"Excuse me, Ma'am! Allow me to take care of this. I'll get you a nice cutlery. Would you like me to reheat and transfer it to the plates?" Jane already knows what to do. She took the insulated bag where Vlance had packed our lunch. She was also trying to lower the tone of her voice to avoid interrupting us.

"I'm here to attend the presentation on behalf of my Grandfather," Celestine said. Why does she always have to speak like she owns the world?

"What presentation? Do you mean, Doc Ellie's Medical Research Presentation?" Vlance sniggered. 

"Are you being serious? The presentation will begin at 1:00 p.m. You came too early. I would suggest, you better come back later and have your lunch break first." She gave her a meaningful grin. It was as if she was telling her to back off. Vlance like Ellie and I guess she doesn't like the idea of Ellie meeting another woman. 

Wait a minute. How did she know about the meeting at 1:00 p.m.?

"Well, it's still 11:45 a.m. I still have fifteen minutes before lunchtime. Duke, Would you mind if I could have at least ten minutes of your time?" I don't like to be rude so I just considered her request.

"I don't mind at all. Please, have a seat." I responded. 

Celestine's lips raised to curve. She then turned her head to look at Vlance, making sure that her victory would slap her right in the face.

"Augh! You're such a bitch!" Vlance cursed out, mumbling. 

Ruby came holding a folder and then she handed it to me. "Excuse me, Sir. Here is the copy of what you requested just a while ago."

"Thank you. Also, please, get Miss Celestine a cup of tea and of course for my wife, her favorite iced cocoa drink." I noticed how Vlance was so fond of chocolate drinks. Every time we were together, she would always get herself a cup of chocolate drinks. At breakfast, work, on her studio, played video games, and watched movies. I would always end up seeing her holding a cup of cocoa drink. As to Celestine, I learned that according to Don Cecilio, she hates coffee. I guess, it would be much safer to offer her a cup of tea.  

"Pompy is getting older and from now on, I decided to take over all of his business affairs." Celestine was referring to her grandfather, Don Cecilio when she said Pompy. 

"About Doctor Requerva's Drug Development Research and Studies, I find it quite interesting. I heard you invested two hundred billion dollars on the project but I decided to double it.

Don Cecilio was initially planning to invest the same amount as I am planning to invest. I don't know what the motive behind her decision is. "In exchange, I will take over this project together with Doctor Requerva's research team. Pompy was very confident to have you as his business partner but I wanted to handle it alone. I am asking for you to drop your supervision on the project."