Chapter 11

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

"Sir, ayos na po," said the technician who installed DING.

DING stands for— Dynamic Intelligence Network Generated. Just like Terry, Ding is also an artificial intelligence. The only difference was that Terry was programmed to work as a Virtual Executive Assistant. She assists me with everything I need at my office, while Ding was programmed as a virtual butler, like— he knows what time to turn off the lights when it's time for bed, he knows the time to wake me up, he knows the time to open the curtains in the morning, he knows when to schedule and call for the cleaning services. He can also report to me everything that was happening to my house when I'm not around. He keeps the record of the CCTV, he can double-check the unlocked doors and windows, he can alarm and call for an emergency when he detects danger, he obeys everything I command, he can do way better than a robot could do, and most especially, he can detect and prevent fire.

I decided to install Ding because of what that lunatic did to our kitchen last week. She almost turns our house into ashes. Who is in the right frame of mind to take a nap while still cooking something? She is unbelievable.

"Sir, all the rooms are now ready," Jane said.

"And my library?"

"Just like how you instructed, Sir," she responded.

"Good." I commended.

"Hey! Careful! baka malaglag." I demanded, almost yelling.

Those inept men were improperly handling my Celestron. Though it was appropriately packed and ensured, they must still carry it with utmost care. Jeez! That telescope was so precious to me. That was a gift from Vianca.

"Pasensya, Sir," they apologized.

"Jane, show them the way to my library. I'll assemble that by myself later," I said.

Jane politely bowed her head before leaving. The men followed her.

All of us were busy filling up all the rooms. Vlance and I agreed to polish our house to finally move in together. We only got the time today to do it since we were both busy the previous days. Vlance left more than two hours ago to get all of the remaining stuff she left at the del Prado residence. I ask Jane to get mine at my old condo. The guest rooms, my library, Vlance's music room, and so on... were now stuffed with other items of furniture, appliances, and some other accessories. I also hired people to get everything done immediately today. We got some technicians and electricians to assemble the built-in appliances, the interior designers to make our house look even more pleasing, and the cleaning services' team.

The mansion was a Modern Design Style. It has clean, crisp lines, a simple color palette, and the use of materials that can include metal, glass, and steel. The designs employ a sense of simplicity in every element, including furniture. The style was best to describe as sleek, and there is not a lot of clutter or accessories involved. I was the one who conceptualized it with the help of my own team of the best engineers, architechs, and interior designers in the country.

Before I even got to know about our marriage, this house was already on its way. My dad together with the del Prados initiated the construction of this house and I just found this out too later when they told me to take charge. I know, it sucks, right?

"Sir, pwede niyo na po i-testing si Ding," the technician said.

I cleared my throat before speaking. "Ding," I called, testing the virtual butler, waiting for him to produce a beep sound.