Chapter 20

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

That was the most embarrassing moment I could have ever face in my fucking entire existence. Damn that psycho! I always got the worst form of its mishaps that anyone could ever imagine every time she's around; she was always the reason of my every struggle and I'm sick and tired of it! The worst thing is, I couldn't accept the fact that... that robotic MD was able to defeat me on just a fucking lousy mobile game. Hell no! Lucky for him, I wasn't in good condition. It's not because I'm a dummy geek who's only good for nothing... It's just a freaking video game.

I got startled which made me almost drop my phone when I heard Jane cleared her throat as she was trying to snap me out of my trance. I wasn't aware she has already entered my office.

"Defeat," said the voice effect.

"Fuck!" I cursed out under my breath.

I have been playing with my phone since last night like hell. I wasted my sleep hours up until this morning at work wearing a suit and tie just for this game. I've never been this unproductive as heck. I even ordered Jane to cancel all my appointments, even the most important meetings didn't get considered; everything was canceled and I'm starting to hate myself.

"My apologies, Sir, but this is not good news... I had already reached out to all the well-known ML gurus but none of them were willing to coach you... They couldn't accept the offer because they have already settled their appointments. Some of them were out of the country for international tournaments, some has scheduled online streams and they can't cancel even if I offered triple from what they could get. They said it wasn't for the money, but their viewers were already expecting and if they cancel it, they might lose followers. And for some other reasons, they just can't accept our offer.

"This is bullshit!" I cursed in a low tone.

"But, I found another option," she added. I quickly lifted my head to her, hoping for relief.

I found an amateur group online. In that group, you'll find a group of prodigies with potentials. They come to compete only for money, and nothing else. They don't even have managers who decide for them. It will be easier for us to get them. What do you think, Sir?"

"Do I look like I got a choice? What are you still doing? Go and get one." I badly need someone who could coach me; someone who'd mastered this game so we could spar. I want him gets beaten so I could master it better than him; better than anyone.

"Right away, Sir... By the way, I had already arranged everything for Miss Vlance's outfit for the ball next week, with the help of our team in collaboration with Belle's Desire Collections. They had sent the designs just this morning. And this is what the team had chosen." She showed me the portfolio and then she starts flipping through pages, going to where the design which the team had picked. the portfolio was filled with evening gowns exclusively design for the elites.

"I'll just leave it here, in case you might wanna pick something else for her."

"You know I don't have time for that, Jane, I'll just let your team handle it."

"Okay, Sir, as you wish. Please, excuse me."

I went back playing and started minding my business.

"Wiped out!"

"your team destroyed the turret."

"Legendary"

"Launch attack"