Chapter 43

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

We were already in the air for about an hour now since take off. Everybody were minding their business while I was just starring at her.

"What are you doing. Is there anything I could help you?"

"I'm writing a song. There was this tune in my thought that I have been wanting to complete. Do you wanna here it?"

"Really? Of course, I would love to?"

She then shared one of her AirPods to me and let me listen to the song that she's been working out.

The intro sound was like a music fusion in an element of the electronic, ballad, and folk harmonies. I'm not quite sure whether it's a rock or a country song or maybe a combination. It's not my kind of music but it's nice to the ears. It is meditating as it expressed eloquent emotions.

Like the starry night, your eyes twinkle like the sky

Love wounds someone's bound to get a love scars

Love scar is a battle scar is a battle for love

Love conquers it all but a dangerous zone

kill me, heal me, my love wounds

I immediately took off the AirPod from my ear when I realized that the song, she was writing was obviously dedicated to someone else. The Starry Night was a famous painting by Van Gogh. The painting's color palette features the shades of deep blues. And like the sky, that moron's eye color is fucking blue.

"Oh, bakit? Hindi mo ba nagustuhan?"

I wanted to know if it was me whom she first let to hear the song she made. I was about to asked her but out of nowhere, I heard the same song playing out loud somewhere.

He accidentally drops his phone which causes the music to play loud. And that had stolen everyone's attention.

"I'm so sorry." He quickly turned his phone off to stop and then he left going to the lavatory. I didn't even bother asking her since the answer to my question has already been answered. It wasn't me the first to listen her song.

"I don't like it. It's so noisy and annoying to the ears." I lied. Again, I sound like a child who can't accept his defeat. I was so jealous, and I can't deny that.

I felt like everything is a competition to me and the score goes 1 - 3; 1 point for me, for stealing his seat beside Vlance's, while he already has 3 points; one for the mint, one for the song that was dedicated to him, and another one point for being the first to hear the song she wrote. I fucking hate this.

Blooog!

Augh! That hurts. Once again, someone had hit me. I turned my head to look at the person who hit me but when I realized, he just suddenly passed out. And because I was the nearest person who could help him, I quickly move to rescue.

"Somebody passed out. Please, help." Someone called for help.

I have a basic knowledge for first aid. I had attended some trainings for that in case like this. This is why I'm confident. Vlance was watching and it's giving me the main character vibe.

Unfortunately, even after doing CPR for a period, it wasn't still working. I am beginning to worry for the patient. My confidence just melted away and now I look like a stupid useless freak who was trying so hard to become a hero.

"What are you doing? Do something?" Vlance scolded the flight steward. And because they know that I'm not a doctor, one of them took the interphone system device to announce an emergency, while one of them brought the first aid kit.