Chapter 19

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

"You love reading books, right?" as we were having our conversation, a little while ago, she noticed a book at the counter that I left yesterday. The book's title was The Alchemist; one of my favorite books that I had read a lot of times since I was just a kid. She mentioned that Paulo Coelho was the favorite writer of his good friend name Tristan... and it was kinda bit intriguing that his guy friend seemed to live a lifestyle of most elites has. His habits and routine were the same as mine. She even mentioned that her guy friend attended the same university where I graduated; so I assumed he belongs to our society, but I was a bit confused why she tells it as he belongs to the same simple world as she has. Weird, right?

"Madalas niya akong dalhan ng mga collection niyang libro sa apartment na tinutuluyan ko tuwing bibisita siya sa akin. Ang paborito kong libro na ibinigay niya ay 'yong... How to kill a mockingbird."

"Oh great! That was a book gem as well. You know what? You should introduce your friend to me. I'm sure, we'll get along. And I could say, that guy friend of yours is one great man. People who love to read books are well-mannered. You should keep surrounding yourself with good people like him. Gusto mo bang pumunta sa opisina ko? I got countless book collections there, all are limited editions... come with me."

"Talaga ho?" Her amber eyes sparkled brightly. There was too much excitement in it. Thank God I found someone I could share the same interest with.

"Pero, hindi po ba, bahay ni Vlance 'to? Bakit po may opisina kayo dito?"

Shit! I'm such stupid.

"Uhm... well, Vlance's brother, Vlad, was a close friend of mine, we're like siblings, so I also call his office as mine as well. I put all my book collections in there," I lied.

She looked confused but didn't any longer bothered to dig more. She followed me as I lead the way, but before we could even take our steps to the stairs, Vlance blocks our way.

"Hep! Where the fuck are you going to bring her?" she said over protectively, but still fixated with the game.

"Pre, sa baba tayo dali."

"Dok Ellie! Dok Ellie! Tabo! 'wag!"

"Atras! Atras!"

"Tangina! Nakakahiya ka naman, Bert! Si Vlance pa bumuhat sa 'yo! Ang bobo mo naman!"

"Dok Ellie, alis! Atras!" Vlance friends were yelling as they continue to play.

"Dannelle, umiwas ka sa lalakeng 'yan! Manyak 'yan."

"Get out of my way! I'm not a pervert! I'll just show her my office!"

"Vlance, 'wag ka nang mag-alala. Gusto ko lang magbasa ng mga libro."

"Are you sure?" Dannelle nodded with a smile.

Vlance turned her glance at me with a piercing glare on her eyes. There was a warning in it. "Just make it..."

"Vlance, hayaan mo na sila! Matatalo na tayo!" Bert cut off her words.

"Shut up! I don't care if we lose!"

She went back to me. "Just make sure the CCTV at your office is turned on. I will throw a scandal against you if I found out, that you switch that off."