007

After Riley leaves, I put my head under the sink and rinse out my hair. After that, I dry it a little by shaking my head and then put it into a high pony tail. I change out of my shirt and put on Riley's hoodie. I then walk back out of the bathroom and back to the lunch table. When I get there I sit in the same spot I sat at before.

Jaden: Are you ok?

*I look at him and nod*

Me: Yeah, I'm fine!

*He stares at me and I fake another smile with Mads' words still replaying through my head. I start to laugh a little as he is just staring at me and he laughs.*

Me: What? Is there something in my hair?

*He laughs*

Jaden: No but there's that real smile I love seeing everyday!

*I blush a little and look down.*

Jaden: Need me to give you a ride to Sway after school?

Me: Yeah, since you drove me here this morning I don't really have a ride so thanks!

Jaden: Sure thing!

*SKIP TO AFTER SCHOOL*

I meet up with Jaden at our lockers. He finally get's there after me standing waiting for him for like 5 minutes.

Jaden: Hey princess! Ready to go?

*I smile*

Me: Ready!

*We walk to Jaden's car laughing. When I get to Jaden's car, he opens the car door for me*

Me: What a gentle men! Thanks!

*We both laugh and I get in the passengers seat. Jaden closes the door for me and as I put my seat belt on, Jaden get's in the drivers seat. He puts on his seat belt and starts driving.*

Jaden: So, you live all alone?

Me: Yeah, my parents are always on the road but sometime's come home for the holidays.

*He quickly looks at me and then back at the road*

Jaden: Sometimes?

Me: I guess they love their work more than me, they don't even know about-

I cut myself off realizing I almost told Jaden about my abusive ex, Chase. I can't tell him. I don't want him to look at me with pity every time he looks at me.

Jaden: About what?

Me: Nothing, they just don't know who I really am. But I can't complain, right? After all they provide me a home and food?

Jaden: Yeah, but they are missing out on a lot!

*A smile forms on my face, this boy is just ughhh*

Me: Thanks Q-tip!

*We shortly pull into Sway's drive way. We walk in and I see everyone*

Me: Heyyyy!

Everyone says 'hi' and I go join them in the living room, Jaden following behind me. Josh gets up and goes to his room, he looks a little worried. Everyone els makes tiktok's but I just sit on the couch. 15 minutes go by and Josh still hasn't come down do I decide to go check on him. I whisper to Jaden:*

Me: I will be right back, I'm going to make sure Josh is ok.

He nods and I run upstairs to Josh's room. I knock on the door and hear a soft 'Come in'. I walk in and see Josh on his bed.

Me: You ok?

Josh: I don't know where my girlfriend is. She wont answer my text's and calls. She had to drive all alone and she said something was wrong with her car. Dammit! I should have gone with her!

Me: Josh, I'm sure she's stuck in traffic, she will be here soon!

*He starts pacing around the room. He's really worried about her*

Josh: What if she got in an accident! It's my fault. I should have gone with her in her car. She told me there was something wrong with it and I told her I would look at it when she got here but she's not here and I'm  scared she's hurt!

Me: Josh, calm down! She's ok, probably jus stuck in traffic!

Josh: Calm down! I can't calm down Lilli! I'm scared! What am I supposed to do if she gets in an accident? What am I supposed to tell her parents? I love her and I just let her go in a probably broken car!

Me: Josh, I promise every thing will be ok!

Josh: How do you know that?

*He places his hands up in defence but I flinch thinking he's going to hit me because Chase who used to hit me. Josh notice and his look soften's*

Josh: Did you flinch?

*I look down and nod*

Josh: Why? Did someone hit you before? Has someone hurt you?

*I nod again and tear up*

Josh: Lil, who?

*I let tears fall and a couple of sobs come out as well*

Me(whisper): I can't tell you.

Josh: Who?

Me: I can't Josh!

He makes me look at him and his eyes are watered a little. Me and Josh have become like brother and sister over the couple of weeks.

Josh: Who!

I break.

Me: My ex Chase! He used to his me and beat me if I did something wrong! If I tried to leave him he would threaten to kill me and everyone I know!

At this point, I'm balling my eyes out. Josh pulls me into a hug and I cry into his chest.

Josh: Lilli, you have to tell the cops!

Me: I can't Josh! And neither can you! Not the cops not anyone!

Josh: Lilli, I can't make that promise!

Me: Please don't tell anyone Josh! If you do they'll make me go to court and Chase will find me. I can't let him find me. He'll tell them i'm crazy and get away with it! Please!

Josh: .... fine.