Clay Jenson x Scott Reed: Lockdown

(A/N): In this fic Scott is in the same year as the others. They're not friends, buuuut, they don't hate each other. As always love you all, PEACE.

Clay's POV

I had just finished talking to Jess when it happened. The PA system came to life with an annoying beep. The principal's next words sent a shiver down my spine. I felt my anxiety start to creep up on me. The feeling like I was losing myself. Like I was gonna drown in an ocean made of my thoughts and fear. I move into the nearest room and lock the door. The door made a loud thud when I slammed it shut. I heard a sound from the back of the room and my blood ran cold. I was paralyzed with fear. I couldn't do anything.

"Clay?" I heard a groggy voice say. My mind was too hectic to figure out who it was. "Clay, what's going on?"The voice finally registered in my mind. I slowly turn around and was faced with Scott Reed. He had lines on his face and he was rubbing his eyes like he just woke up.

"Scott, oh thank god it's just you." I put my hand over my rapidly beating heart and used my other hand to brace myself against the closest wall. I try to draw in some deep breathes and eventually even out my even it out. Scott didn't do or say anything, he waited for me to calm down to properly speak to me. Which I found extremely nice of him, all things considered. I have don't anything against Scott. In fact, if the situation had been different, I'm sure we could've been good friends. But we're not. I feel a small ping of sadness in my chest at that thought. "What, uh... what are you doing in here?"

"Oh, sometimes I come in here to avoid class." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. I try to muster up the best smile I can to conceal the fear still bubbling in my chest.

"Uh, okay. There is a code red going on right now. It's probably just a drill, but you know." I walked over to the table and took a seat under it. Better to stay hidden. The cold bar pressed against my back causing slight discomfort. I moved some of the wires from the computer away. Scott took the opportunity to come and sit next to me. His presence was comforting and unnerving at the same time.

"So-" A loud thud in the hallway brought me over the edge. I jumped and my head hit the top of the table. I started hyperventilating. That didn't sound like a drill. The shaking started, but I was able to stop it quickly. I pulled out my phone and texted Tony to see if he's with Tyler. I don't think he would do anything like this though, he's better now, we helped him. But the voice in the back of my mind tries to convince me it's not. And by voice, I mean Monty. He's here just haunting my head again.

"Who are you messaging?" I was so in my head I forgot about Scott. He's still next to me. Now that I'm paying attention I can hear his slightly heavy breathing. The smell of his cologne filled my nostrils.

"Uh, I'm texting Tony." I shift slightly to the side to obstruct his view of my phone. Don't want anyone to know I'm asking about Tyler. A quick look back at Scott's face revealed a slightly disappointed smile. I don't have the mental capacity to worry about it at the moment because Tony hasn't seen Tyler. This couldn't be him though. He's changed. Reformed.

Or has He?

I look to my left and see the ghost of Monty. He wasn't looking at me, but staring at the wall in front of us. The urge to speak to him was strong, but with Scott right next to me, I couldn't risk sounding crazy. Especially not in front of him. Scottie was one of the good jocks. During the big fight in the hallway, he chose to pull me away rather than fight me. It showed that he had common sense and didn't just fight senselessly. He was a jock with a heart, proving that not all of them are bad people.

The sound of gunshots firing in rapid succession cut through the silence of the room. My heartbeat quicker instantly and it pounded harder in my chest. I swear I could hear it in my ears. It was accompanied by a ringing sound. They both kept escalating in volume like they were fighting for dominance in my head. I curled into a ball to try and hide from the sound, like that would do anything though. I kept whispering stop, hoping that the pain would go away. Not just the ringing and thumping, but everything. I felt a few teardrops fall from my eyes and onto my jeans. It went from a few random drops to a constant stream of tears. I was shaking and crying and I've never felt more alone.

"I told you, Clay, you can't help anyone." Monty's voice added to the cacophony of noise in my mind. His words made the guilt I felt almost unbearable. He was right though, I couldn't help anyone. Not even myself. Because here I am breaking down during what I thought was a drill. Clearly, it's much more than that.

The noise in my mind started to quiet as I felt a hand on my back. As it slid around my body, my head grew quieter. When it finally pulled me into the body it was attached to, It was gone. I could hear my rapid breathing and Scott's slightly uneven breaths. Scott. I forgot he was there with the panic attack I just had. His arm wrapped around me was comforting all in its own. I lifted my head up and snuggled into his side. It's like his body is the only thing keeping me from going over the edge. Why does he have such a strong effect on me? How did I let my feelings for him get this strong?

"Are you alright Clay?" His voice is soothing like he really cares. And maybe that's just it. Maybe he does care about me. Maybe it's time I stopped living in fear and finally pursued something for myself. So I laid my head on his shoulder.

"I am now." He looked down at me and flashed his beautiful smile. I moved his hair slightly out of his eyes. His response was to lean down and kiss me. For a second, I tensed up. Surprised by the fact that my feelings were returned. But I melted into the kiss. It felt amazing. I haven't kissed many people in my life, but this is by far the best I've had. And I can tell this isn't going to be some one-off. He was there for me in my time of need. You wouldn't do that unless you cared about someone. We pulled away for air and rested our heads together. We have somethings to discuss later, but for right now, we're just gonna enjoy each other's company. A school shooter could burst in right now and I wouldn't care. Because for the first time in a long time, I'm happy. And I have hope for the future.