Bobby / Reggie: I Didn't Want To Be Left Behind

(A/N): A shorter chapter but still a good one. And I'm sorry for all the JaTP but I will not stop. Peace.

Reggie was gone. Really and truly gone. After two months Bobby still only had only one wish, to get him back. Him and all his friends. No, his family. Luke, Alex, and Reggie, were all torn away from him in an instant. He didn't even get the chance to say goodbye. Besides his grandparents, his boys were all he had. His parents had abandoned them after they determined he wasn't good enough for them. They left him to his grandparents and moved away to start a new family. Bobby was left feeling like an abandoned bottle on the side of the highway. Like a plastic bag driving through the wind, wanting to start again.

Bobby only had so many ways of coping with the loss of his bandmates. He closed himself off from the people he had left. It was just too much having to interact and pretending he was getting better. But how was he supposed to recover from this? How the fuck was he supposed to keep going. After they had been loaded into the ambulance, bobby had to load all of their instruments into his van and take them home. If Rose wasn't there to help him out, he probably never would have had the courage to pick himself up and leave. She supported him in his darkest moment, and he could never repay her for that. She still texts him, just to see how he's holding up. It was all he really wanted. She never pressured him into talking about anything she didn't want, but she always offered. Bobby really wished everyone acted like that with him. His grandparents always dance around the issue and he feels like he's walking on eggshells. It's so uncomfortable but he doesn't wanna really open up to them.

He's also taken it upon himself to teach himself their instruments. He feels closer to them whenever he plays them. The first time he played all of them in one day. It wasn't good but it wasn't bad. After all, playing Bass isn't exactly the same as playing rhythm guitar. He decided to stick to one instrument at a time after that. His first one was the bass. Reggie was his boyfriend, he wanted to honor him first.

Bobby felt the bass strings vibrate beneath his fingertips. He could feel Reggie as he played. His boyfriend's fingers grazed over his and his energy circulated around Bobby. The deep sounds of the bass filled the room and granted a sense of comfort no one could ever give him. No one but Reggie.

Once he was done, he set the base down. His eyes burned with unshed tears that remained where they were. They couldn't fall; he wouldn't let them. Instead, he got his sunset curve CD and put it in their player. Bobby refrained from listening to any of their music before now. He tried to play it on their instruments but that's as far as it went. The familiar sound of "Now or Never" blasted through the room. It was literally and theoretically music to Bobby's ears. He dropped his body on the couch and let the music take him. The song played without a hitch until some strange noises came from the speakers. He originally assumed it was a scratch he hadn't noticed, but it started to get louder. Actually, it sounded a lot more like screams. The music kept getting louder and louder in a crescendo. Bobby was forced to cover his ears, so he didn't get sensory overload.

The music stopped and he finally prayed his eyes open. Three groaning boys were slowly getting off the floor. Three familiar boys. Bobby quickly rose from his spot in disbelief. Was he seeing things? They all got up and turned around. Bobby couldn't find it within himself to scream. How could he? His best friends and boyfriend were standing right in front of him.

"Reggie? Is it really you?" They all whipped around and stared before screaming in excitement. Bobby ran up and tried to hug them but ended up falling right through them. Luke whined.

"Sorry Bobert, you can't actually touch us. We're ghosts." Bobby just flipped over and stared up with a big smile.

"I don't care. As long as I get to see you all again." They lay on the floor beside bobby and looked up at the ceiling. They just talked all through the night. Bobby felt a cold sensation on his hand. He looked down and saw Reggie's hand in his. It wasn't perfect but it was something. That's all he could really ask for.