Montgomery De La Cruz x Winston Williams: Let's Be Bold Together

(A/N): In this Monty never r*pes Tyler and him and Winston have been hanging out for a while now. Honestly, what they did to Tyler in that show was so harsh and it still hurts. Everyone but Bryce Walker deserved better.

Winston's POV

"I'm not fucking gay." Monty sounded so hurt. So vulnerable. I wish with every fiber of my very being that I can help him open up. Because Monty deserves to be happy. I know that he's hurt people but that's because he was hurt too. He's told me about his dad and I want nothing more than to sock the shit out of him. While I do have some strength, definitely not enough to get into a physical fight with his father.

"I know. You can be whatever you wanna be." He looked like he was holding back tears. I maintained eye contact with him before he fully broke down. He launched into me and I fell into the bed. God, he's such a softie on the inside. I wish he would let other people see it. Although, it does make me feel special being the only one to see it. I pulled his body into mine and felt his tears fall onto me. I can't just stand by and watch him suffer anymore. Just hearing about all of the terrible things he's gone through has an effect on me. Imagine actually going through that. It must've been hell. No wonder he's so aggressive and angry all the time. I whisper reassurances in his ears as he takes time to calm down. Luckily, right now, we have all the time in the world. He'll always be safe with me. That I can promise.

"Monty, I think it's time we did something about your dad. He can't keep doing this to you." I felt him stiffen up on top of me. I haven't known him for long but I know that his dad is a sore subject. Bringing him up brings up all the bad things about him. But, this is a conversation we need to have.

"No." He said it with such finality. I'm not gonna drop this though. He needs help and I know how to get it to him.

"Just hear me out this time please." He stayed silent for a while longer before whispering 'fine'. "Your dad has been abusing you for years. He has drilled into your brain that you are wrong and that you should be ashamed of yourself. I have been in your life for a few months and have gotten you to open up more than you probably have in your entire life. If he's gone then you could finally be yourself. You can finally be happy. And maybe even be happy with me." When I finished he got off me and rolled back to his side. I really liked the feeling of cuddling with him though.

"Winston," I love the way it sounds when he says my name. Before it seemed pretentious but coming from him it's so nice. "I would love nothing more than to send that fucker to jail. But how am I gonna do that? No ones gonna believe me."

"Yes, they will. You have bruises on your body right now. I know about it, your sister knows about it, maybe we could even get your mom to say she knew about it. There wouldn't even have to be a big trial. Just call cps and report it with photos and videos. The next time he hits you, try and record it and we're golden. He'll be gone for good." He took a few minutes to think about it. The silence was deafening and I hope that he sides with me.

"My mom is MIA so she's no help, not that she would ever turn against him though. Where would I even go though? Into foster care or something?"

"You could stay with me. Scratch that, I don't want you to live in the same house as my parents. But I could convince them to get me a house for the two of us and Estela. It would be perfect." That actually sounds like a dream to me. The three of us living together would be absolutely amazing. They would finally get to thrive in a completely safe environment and never have the fear of getting hurt again. Plus I could get to really know Estela and probably get Monty some anger management. He could really use it.

"I'll do it. I will record him and he'll go to jail. Then maybe I'll be able to breathe."

-------

There's a soft knock on the door. It's way past dark now. I didn't even notice because I got sucked into watching Merlin. I've got nothing better to do so the TV and I are besties at this point. I don't bother checking the peephole because I already know who it is. The door swings open and the excited grin on my face immediately drops. Monty is standing there bruised and even bleeding in some places with his phone clutched in his right hand while his left holds his upper arm. He has a small smile that doesn't reach his eyes.

"I got the video." He slightly raises his arm but quickly puts it down as he winces in pain. I usher him in and lead him to my bathroom. He sits on the shower bench and I fetch the first aid kit.

"What happened?" I asked as I attended to his wounds. A few of the cuts were rather deep. But not deep enough to warrant stitches or anything.

"My dad came home wasted again and I was eating food in the kitchen. As soon as he came in I set my phone up to record. Luckily I did because pretty soon he was agitated and started to beat me. This time I put up some resistance and tried to protect myself. He didn't like that so he broke a beer bottle and went to cut me with it. He ran out of energy pretty soon and knocked out. I took the opportunity to get out of there and drove straight here." Just hearing that makes my blood boil. Now we have the evidence we need to put that sick fuck away for good.

"As soon as I finish with these, I'm calling CPS. I already talked to my parents and after some intense convincing, they're gonna give us a house. We're gonna be okay Monty. You and Estela are gonna be okay." He started crying as I wiped some of the blood off his face with a wet washcloth.

"I'm not sure how all this coming out stuff is gonna go. Or how having our own house is gonna be. But, I'm ready to try. For you. I wanna be bold and happy. I know that it's not gonna be easy and I need to try not to lose my cool, but I wanna do it." Now I'm crying too. He's never been this vulnerable or hopeful before. It's such good progress. Just knowing that his dad is going away is making him feel better than he probably has in a long time.

"Then let's be bold together Monty."