Harvey / Nick: The Day After

(A/N): Oh my god, I'm sorry I've been away for so long, but writing has been a little difficult for me the last few months. I'm slowly trying to get back into it more. My uploads won't be too consistent for a while but I'll try harder to post more. If you have any requests please send them to me in whatever way you want.

Harvey's POV

I should've known. I should've seen it coming. I rolled over to a warm spot on my bed. That means that he didn't leave too long ago. I searched the house to see if he got up but there was no trace of him. Why would he stay though? One good night doesn't mean anything, not to him at least. He's a warlock that has orgies and dates, multiple girls, at once. Not someone who spends the night sleeping next to a mortal and stays. I'm not sure how I fooled myself into believing that.

The pajamas I let him use last night are folded up neatly on my drawing desk. At least he has some semblance of manners. Maybe I'll go see Sabrina about Nick. She dated him so she could give me some insight into him. Hopefully, she won't be too upset or anything. I know Brina and sometimes she can get a little... crazy. She even erased my memory once, which I'm still not over. She had no right whatsoever to mess with my mind. But that's all in the past now. I'm on a mission now. I need to find out more about Nick.

•~•~•~•~•~•~

The Spellman house looked as creepy as ever. My car came to a sputtering halt on the path before their porch. I hopped out and all but ran to the front door. The sound of my knocking reverberated throughout the quiet house. It was silent for a few seconds before the door opened to reveal Ambrose and Prudence.

"Harvey, what a surprise. Sabrina isn't actually here right now." He started. I shook my head to stop him. Sabrina may have been my first choice, but she isn't my only option. These two probably know a lot about Nick too.

"Well, I did come here to talk to her originally, but can you two help me out instead?" They look at each other. Prudence shrugs.

"Depends. What do you need help with?" Ambrose opens the door wider and lets me in. We sit at the dining room table as I explain my situation with Nick to them. They sat quietly and listened to everything I had to say. It was a little strange. I feel like I'm trapped inside a teen romance book. Like Love, Simon or The Lightning-Struck Heart.

"So that's where I am right now. I just wanna try to understand him better. Maybe it'll give me a clue as to why he left." I spoke. My eyes started to water a little, but I forced the tears back. It's easy when you have years of experience.

Look, Harvey," Prudence had a sad smile on her face. That isn't exactly a sign of good news. "Nick is a very complicated person. He's got a lot of baggage he's carrying around with him. Getting to know him isn't going to be an easy task."

"But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. You're gonna have to use logic and tell him how you feel to fully convince him that you like him. And even then, he may already like you. Sometimes when he doesn't want to like someone, he avoids them." Ambrose finished.

"But why would he want to stop liking me?" I asked. It doesn't make any sense. Why would Nick come to my house and then run away to stop liking me? It's illogical.

"I don't have that answer, Harvey. But what I can do is help you find Nick so you can get them yourself." Ambrose gets up from the table and goes upstairs. When he returned there was a sharpie in his hand. "Here," He hands it to me. I palm it in my hands. It looks completely normal. I have no clue how I'm gonna find him like this. "It's a marker that's linked to Nick. If you write on your arm it'll show up on his. Just tell him where to meet you and I'm sure he'll come." I smiled down at my hands. This marker is how I'm going to get him.

"Thank you, both of you. I'll make sure to tell you how it goes." I practically bolted out of the house and back to my truck. The key went into the ignition and the car roared back to life. I threw her in reverse and drove off. I know exactly where I want Nick to meet me.

•~•~•~•~•~•~

"I honestly should've known it was you who wanted to see me." Nick cautiously approached me with a look that was too neutral to read. "What do you want farm boy?" And, ow, that kinda hurt. Guess even after last night we're barely on good terms. He sits a fair distance away from me and looks up at the sky. We're nowhere special exactly, just in the field next to my house. But during the night you can see the stars so clearly. Perks of being away from any major cities, less light pollution.

"I just want to talk to you, Nick. You showed up at my house in the middle of the night and then leave in the morning with no note or anything. That felt really shitty you know. I thought there would've been something more the next morning. That it could've gone somewhere. Look, Nick, I know we don't know each other well, but I'd like to get to know you. You never even gave me the chance to try. You probably find it weird that I'm just pouring my heart out, but I need you to know that I'm here. If you want me." And that's it. The ball's in his court now. Anything that happens from here is his choice. Except he doesn't say anything. Not for a while. He just continues gazing at the stars.

"You know what I love about looking at the stars?" He asks. I pour my heart out to this guy and he starts asking about the sky? But I don't say anything, only shake my head. "They can show you anything if you look hard enough. If you really put your mind to it, you can see anything." I wait for the point behind this. If he doesn't want anything to do with me, I wish he'd tell me now. I feel like I'm being kept on the hook for no reason. "When I look at the stars, I see the two of us together. Do you get what I'm saying?" And now I do. There was actually a purpose to that, and a pretty good one at that. I'm actually very surprised at how freaking adorable that was.

"Yeah, I do understand." Nick moves closer and rests his hand on mine. It may not be much, but it's definitely a start. And for right now, it's good enough for me.