Chapter 29

You all are welcomed for the grand swayamvar of kaurav nandini, lakshmana.

A pleasant breeze blew through the chamber of lakshmana and played with tresses of the sleeping kaurav nandini. A gentle smile spread on her beautiful face. A hand gently moved over her forehead, " Putri wake up " Someone said in a voice filled with love. Lakshmana opened her eyes gently to find the most loving woman she knew, sitting beside her. Vrushali beamed at her and rocked her head.
" Go for bath " She said and left the room. Lakshmana raised herself on the bed, she took a looked at her beautifully decorated chamber. Bhargavi had kept her dress that she was going to wear for swayamvar, the dress she was going to wear for wedding, all the ornaments and her shringaar on a couch. Lakshmana smiled to herself and climbed down her bed. Suddenly she remembered about all the events last night. Her hands started trembling and her heart pondered and her legs felt weak.

She gathered courage, gulped her tears and decorated her face with a faint smile. Lakshmana walked for her bath, where supriya and bhargavi welcomed her with a warm smile. Bhargavi looked at her with concern and asked her if she was fine. Lakshmana gave a faint smile and told her not to be troubled through eyes. Supriya cupped her face lovingly and rocked her hair. Lakshmana had a Royal bath and wore a beautiful red dress. Uttara came along with dushala to help her get dressed. Heavy ornaments were elegantly placed around her neck and in her ears, tiny mangtika decorated her forehead and anklets in her ankles tinkled.

After getting ready lakshmana looked at herself in the mirror and smiled

" Putri" Gandhari entered her chamber and tried to reach her head.
" I can feel you would be looking extremely beautiful, hope I could look at you " Gandhari said trying to hold her hand. " Pitamahi, that won't diminish your love for me na " Lakshmana hugged her. Vikarna, karna, lakshman, vrishasen and all brothers of lakshmana came in her chamber to meet her, they all shared a big hug. " I miss suthanu " Lakshmana whispered in dushala's ears.

" Come on hurry up, it's getting late " Ashwatthama came and announced, all the ladies with the children chuckled. All of them left and lakshmana was about to leave her room, she looked at her room for one last time and gulped. " God, I've surrendered to you, please help me " She murmured and swallowed her tears once again. " Mani " Duryodhan came and kept her hand on her shoulder. They both looked at each other and duryodhan hugged her involuntarily.