Chapter 44

The palanquins of kaurav nandini crossed the threshold of hastinapur, lakshmana slide the curtain of her palanquin a bit a looked around, it was her home! Her hastinapur! It has been three whole years she left this place, though dwarka was more beautiful, the touch of her motherland made her happy, she squealed and grinned in joy . The citizens had gathered to have steal a glanct of one and only jamai of their kingdom, sambh was looking around with a polite smile and accepting their blessings.

As they crossed the threshold of the palace, lakshamana made her palanquin stop and almost jumped down. She grinned and twirled around herself, this was the place she had ran, grown up and played. The family of hastinapur had gathered at the gates to welcome them. Lakshmana's eyes watered and she ran towards her natal family, giggling. Everyone expected her to hug duryodhan first, but she wrapped her hands around the queen of sindu. Dushala caressed her hair and patted her back, she wiped her tears and then hugged duryodhan.

She touched the feet of all elders, now her eyes we're searching from the most important ladies, she raised her eyebrows looking towards karna. The sound of tinkling anklets while running sought her attention, supriya came there running, holding veil in her hand, panting. " Am I late? " She asked looking around and felt two familiar hand encircling her waist.

" Yes! You are late " Happy tears ran down from lakshmana's eyes. For few minutes whole family forgot that a war was hovering on their head and welcomed their only daughter. " Are you going to spend whole time here only! Look at our poor jamai ji, bored by your antics " Dushala chuckled. There came a woman holding a little kid's hands in her, " What would you say? " She asked the kid. " Pranipat bua " The kid replied, " Very good " She patted his back.

" Maa!!! " Lakshmana hugged vrushali and their happy tears mingled with each other, little aditya ( vrishasen's son " Touched her feet. " Ohh God! Finally someone touched my feet " She exclaimed smiling sheepishly, as she was the youngest and no one ever touched her feet, without anyone's notice vrushali and supriya met bhargavi and enquired about her health and well being. All of them went inside , " Listen , please get me something to eat, something delicious and tasty " Lakshmana ordered a dasi, giving her prettiest smile.

Sambh was looking at her lost, he had never seen her so happy and carefree, he signed happily. Gandhari came forward and handed lakshmana a red lehenga, Vermillion and some jewellery and palmed her face affectionately. " What's need of this pitamahi? " Lakshmana questioned.
" Lakshi, keep it, this is love and blessing of your grandmother, you have came to your natal home for the first time after your wedding, that too in such situations.... " Dushala shook her head, but gandhari continued,
" Yes these are my blessings keep it "

" Jamai ji, come, I would show you the guest room " Vikarna said , sambh followed him and das took his luggage behind them. " Kaurav nandini lakshmana devi, come let's go to your chamber " Dushala said with a smirk, knowing her niece's tantrums. Lakshmana entered her chamber, which was as she had left it and inhaled the feeling of being in the place, she had grown up. She twirled around herself 4 - 5 and sat on her bed with a thud. Dushala looked at her and missed her young days, when she was carefree like her niece, she smile painfully and looked at marks of being beaten by a stick on her arm.

" Bua, how are you? " Lakshmana held dushala's hand into her, " I am very well lakshi " Dushala faked a smile. " I know you are not bua, I really appreciate you, you are a strong woman, but don't tolerate this injustice " Dushala looked at her with pride, when did she grow up so much, both kaurav nandinis hugged each other.

" When will everyone leave for kurukshetra bua? " , " Day after tomorrow, just two days left and we don't know, would we meet them again or not " Dushala let out a sigh.
" Don't say negative bua! They all are going to be fine, don't worry " Lakshmana held back. " How lakshi how! You know right what happened to samragini! They all are going to be.... " Dushala stopped herself and wiped her tears, " You take rest, we would talk in the evening " Lakshmana looked at the retreating figure of dushala in a worried expression, is really what dushala said going to happen!
**********************************
" Parpitamah " The daughter of duryodhan slowly entered the chamber of her great grandsire. " Come in putri " She saw bheeshma sitting at the edge of his bend, smiling faintly . " How are you parpitamah, you didn't even come to welcome me and arya? " Lakshmana complained sweetly with a small frown.

" The responsibility of senapati had held so tight that i can't enjoy any event putri, I don't even know, when did you grow up so much " He answered with a sad smile. " Don't be sad parpitamah, I know you were busy " . " Well, how is dwarka? " Bheeshma asked changing the sad topic, " Dwarka! It's amazing place pitamah, you would find a smile on every single person's face. Birds sing there, trees swing in happiness waves dance on the music of krishna pitashri's flute " She was praising her home.

" I wish you all could come there once " She frowned a bit, " I would definitely try to come, it's the wish of thr one and only kaurav nandini " Bheeshma patted her shoulder. " Well, parpitamah, may I apply oil on your hair? " She asked revealing the bowl of oil she brought with her, bheeshma nodded his head fondly , " It's true that daughters are real healers of family, no one asked this to me " Lakshmana smiled softly and started massaging bheeshma's hair with oil till he drifted into sleep.
**********************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next chapter is here.
Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, let me know your thoughts through your comments, they are much important for me❤.