Chapter 17

As their eye lock broke due to the delibrate cough of bhargavi, lakshmana saw a handsome young man standing in front of her.

The man was staring at her

The man was staring at her . Just then duryodhan and balram entered the corridor. Bhargavi held lakshmana's wrist and pulled her towards herself.
" Seems sambh is lost somewhere " Balram said glancing at them both. " Ooh... So he is the special guest, dwarikadhish and jambvati 's son " She said to herself, glanced him once and fixed her eyes to the ground.

Duryodhan was staring angrily at sambh, why would he tolerate his enemy's son staring at his only daughter. His stare was disturbed when balram introduced him " He is my priya shishya duryodhan and she is his daughter lakshmana " Lakshmana smiled , touched balram's feet " Khush raho putri " Balram blessed her. " Pranipat rajkumaari " Sambh greeted her. " Pranipat " She greeted him back.

Bhargavi hinted lakshmana with her elbow that they should leave. Lakshmana nodded in a yes. " Pitashree, I am in my chamber " She left again joining her hands in pranipat. Sambh was staring at lakshmana, which didn't went unnoticed by bhargavi.

" Rajkumaari..... If I am not mistaken....Rajkumaar sambh was staring at you.... " Bhargavi said with a doubt. " Nooo... Ravi... Why would he stare at me " Lakshmana said in her usual chirpy voice. " Putri " Duryodhan entered her chamber in a bit hurry. " Putri... How did you bump with that krishna putra.... Where were you looking " He had anger and concern in his eyes and sat beside her. " Pitashree... Me and bhargavi were playing there and he came from nowhere and I collided " " Are the gardens of hastinapur not enough for you all to play " Duryodhan pondered on her before she could finish her sentence.
Lakshmana's eyes watered and she looked towards the ground. Duryodhan's anger melt and he rolled his eyes. "Putrii..... He is the son of that chaliya... That shri krishna..... Therefore I pondered on you " He said cupping her cheeks. Lakshmana nodded in a yes. " I'll leave now.. I have to see that gurudev is comfortable here... Okk " Duryodhan left the chamber and lakshmana smiled at his affection towards her.
---------------------------------------------------------
It was dinner time in hastinapur. Special items were made to celebrate the arrival of special guests. Balram and sambh entered the room,where pitamah bhishma, maharaj dhritarashtr and all elders were waiting for them. Gandhari was herself serving them all food. Balram was busy in his political talks with the elders, but sambh's eyes we're searching for someone.

Balram hinted him through his elbow " Concentrate on your food " And gave a smile. Sambh smiled sheepishly. Just then lakshmana entered the room, as usual in a hurry. " Pitamahi.... I was almost ready.... But bhargavi.... She took time to make my shringaar... And hence... I was late... Extremely sorry... Pitamahi " Lakshmana said making her puppy face. Everyone chuckled at her innocence . Lakshmana held her mock anger " Everyone is laughing at me " She said folding her hands near her chest again with puppy face. " Putriiii.... Go and serve food to all now " Kunti said to her. Lakshmana's smile widened and she went to serve food to her elders.

Sambh's eyes were stuck on lakshmana, he was noticing every action of her. " I know what are you looking at... Concentrate on your food " Balram said in a teasing way " Sambh blushed a little once again. Bhargavi was watching all activities of sambh through the corner of her eyes.

" I've seen many times today.... He was staring at you " Bhargavi was stubborn
" My dear ravi.... You are mistaken... Why will he stare at me..... And... I am really tired.... I need to sleep.... Let's talk about it tomorrow morning " Lakshmana said convincing her.
" God.... This girl " Bhargavi said to herself and rolled her eyes.
She tucked lakshmana at her bed and herself went to sleep.

That night lakshmana had a dream that she was dressed as a bride and a handsome prince was taking her away on a white horse. She was smiling to herself in sleep.
----------------------------------------------------
Wishing you all a very very happy diwali❤❤. May this festival of lights, erase the darkness from your life and mind ❤❤.