Chapter 1

Duryodhan's wife was going through labor pain. Vrushali, supriya, Gandhari and dusshasan's wife chandramukhi was inside the room. Cries were heard outside the room too. Karna and duryodhan were standing outside the room.

Duryodhan was walking restlessly in the corridor. Suddenly, the groaning sound of bhanumati was replaced by crying sound of new born could be heard. Vrushali and chandramukhi came out with two new borns in their hands. Vrushali informed that Bhanumati had given birth to twins, one boy and one girl.

Duryodhan held the girl child in his hands very carefully and kissed her forehead. Everyone was amazed witnessing his love for his daughter. He held her close to his chest and said 'My daughter'. Karna moved forward and held duryodhan's son in his arms and lovingly moved his palm on his head. He returned the boy to vrushali and asked duryodhan to give the little angel to him. Duryodhan turned his back and said" I won't give my daughter, she is my good luck and my little angel" again kissed her forehead. Everyone witnessed the loving bond between father and daughter.

Then duryodhan asked"how is my bhanu?, is she well? ". Vrushali looked at chandramukhi and a tear drop sparkled in her eyes. Not able to understand the reason behind their silence, duryodhan gave his daughter in karna's hand and moved inside the room. He saw supriya sitting behind Bhanumati and crying hard. Bhanumati had lost her life while giving birth to her children. Duryodhan sat besides bhanu and tried to wake her up, but all in vain. Further he said" Get up bhanu, see our family is complete now, we wished for a girl child and see, our daughter is born". Saying this he again tried to wake her up, but could not sense her breaths. He sat on his knees unable to bear the pain of separation from his beloved wife. He took his daughter in his arms and moved out of that room. ------------------------------------------------------
Chandramukhi taunted, " Look she took her mother's life the minute she took birth " With a smirk. " What did you say! " Duryodhan stood up in fury and walked towards her angrily, " Say again and you are no more! " He growled. " Jyeshth, calm down, she spoke it by mistake, she didn't mean it! " Dushasan tried to interfere, but end up receiving glare from duryodhan.

Chandramukhi was trembling with fear, supriya pulled her aside and gave her water to drink. Duryodhan again turned his attention towards chandra and was about to shout on her, when he heard his little daughter crying. " Aree putri calm down shh!" He tried to cuddle her and calm her down. Supriya hinted chandra to go away, otherwise she would be the prey of duryodhan's outburst.

As the newly born princess of hastinapur slept in her father's arms, the newly born prince looked at them with wide eyes. " What are you looking at little prince, your sister is getting more love than you " Vrushali picked him in her arms and rubbed his nose and tried to make him sleep with love.
-------------------------------------------------------
The yuvrani of hastinapur was being cremated, everyone's face was emotionless. The flames rose high without a limit same as the mind of duryodhan. He was not able to digest the reality that his wife was no more, his eyes we're moist and held a lot of pain. Karna and ashwatthama kept their hands on his both shoulders, but his gaze was fixed on the flames of the pyre. He walked away from there, without saying anything and stormed in his chamber.

He two dasis were feeding his children from a spoon. " If my bhanu would have been here, she would have fed them " He thought in his mind and closed his eyes in despair. The two new born kept on looking at their father with wide eyes, he smiled at them and made them sleep on his bed.

He kissed their foreheads and rocked them to sleep. " You both are my blessings " He said as he wiped tear drops from his eyes, remembering his every moment with bhanumati. He remembered her words ' we would take care of our kids and never let them cry ' he promised himself to fulfill the words of his wife.