Chapter 63

The kuru family was seated together for dinner. It was after ages that everyone was having dinner together. Suthanu, uttara, suvarna and lakshmana were sitting besides each other, murmuring giggles in each other's ears, krishna, satyabhama and Jambvati smile, seeing the girls happy.
Chandra brought Gandhari and dhritarashtr there with Sambh's help and made them sit with everyone.

Bheem rolled his eyes, twisting his mouth he started laughing loudly. The pandav patnis were busy talking among themselves, only dushala and chandra noticed this behaviour. When dasis went to serve the old couple the dishes, arjun stopped them and ordered to serve his brothers , wives and daughter. Chandra ignored it thinking that they must be hungry, but lakshmana glared at him. After the dishes were being served, everyone began eating.

" Nakul, you remember , how I broke dusshasan's bone, what an bliss it was! " He said licking his fingers. Everyone's attention turned towards him, but no one reacted, dushala pressed Chandra's hand gently calming her. " How many more people are going to live here, don't we have dharmashalas? " Arjun said glancing towards lakshmana, suvarna, dushala, supriya and vrishketu. Lakshmana curled her fists, while tears ran down supriya's eyes. " No one is guest here bhrata, everyone is family member " Jambvati flashed a smile, exchanging assuring nod with dushala and supriya.

" Haah! The happiness of killing the ones who offended my panchali is more superior that having my favourite food " Bheem said smirking. " Enough! " Lakshmana banged her hand on the table, " How right is to torture the parent's whose children are dead! " She said, " Sit down and lower your voice, eat if you want otherwise go to your room. This isn't your father's house anymore to handle your tantrums. " Arjun said.
" Fine! Then I declare this palace isn't my natal home anymore. I would enter this palace only as uttara's friend. I lost my natal home " Lakshmana announced , her nose red with anger.

Joining her hands in front of the food plate, she went back to her chamber with empty stomach. The dinner that would have bought the broken family close instead broke hearts and bonds more. No one ate well that evening and retired to their chambers.
************************************
Uttara, lakshmana, suvarna and suthanu were having girl's talks in uttara's chamber, as suvarna and lakshmana were to leave. "..... And then thanu ran away frightened " Lakshmana's chuckles were contagious. " This isn't right, you all are teasing me because I am youngest of all " Suthanu pouted. " Youngest and the cutest " Suvarna pulled her cheeks, " Suvarna bhabhi, you are the only one who calls me cute " Suthanu said.

" As if bhrata bhanu never called you cute na " Uttara rolled her eyes as Suthanu blushed. " Wait... Wait... Suthanu jiji and rajkumaar bhanu, I didn't understand " Suvarna asked confused. " In short, he is our to be jamai ji, but elders don't know about it " Uttara answered. " Oh my God! You both would look too good " Suvarna exclaimed. Silence prevailed in the chamber immediately as uttara and suvarna missed abhimanyu and Surath. Suthanu and lakshmana exchanged concerned glances and were about to say something , but dushala entered.

" Am I allowed in girls? " She asked with a grin. Suthanu went to the door and pulled her in, holding her wrist.
" Why do you need permission! " She layed her head on dushala's lap. Lakshmana layed her head on her other lap, embracing her waist, dushala rocked their heads fondly. Uttara and suvarna exchanged glances and layed their heads on her either shoulders. " My girls! Always stay smiling " She kissed their foreheads and wiped a tear drop that slipped down her eyes. " Girls, I am here to sing a song for you all, may I? " She asked, all four of them happily agreed.

Kaisa Bhanwar Adhikaar Ka
Sankalp Hain Sanmaan Ka
Safal Hota Ab Lage

Sangharsh Jab Jitna Kathin Ho
Banta Wahin Aadhaar Ab
Yahi Hain Mera Strii Dharm

Rahega atal mera man....
Is janma ka hai karan...

Sindoori Sandhya Paar Hain
Ye Dharm Yudha Vishaal Hain
Shristi Ke Uss Itihaas Mein

Rahega Atal Mera Mann
Yagya se likha hai vachan...

All five of them were sobbing, as if the lyrics of the song were meant to give them strength to fight further. All four of them were facing challenges, hardships and pain at an early age, that song gave them the will power to overcome all hardships. Lying on the bed, they promised themselves that they would stay strong, for themselves and for their family. Seeing their reactions, dushala smile with satisfaction, she had sung this song to give them the strength and she was successful.

" Dushala jiji, you would be going tomorrow, won't you spend some time with us " Chandra pulled her out of the chamber. All four of them exchanged glances, sharing a group hug. Nidra devi took them in her arms as they slept hugging each other.
Kisi ki najar na lage)
************************************
Lakshmana and Sambh touched feet of all the elders standing in front of the main door. " The chariots for Sindhu, dwarka and anga are ready" A soldier announced. Lakshmana,suthanu ,uttara and suvarna shared a group hug again, promising each other to keep the bond same and to meet soon. Lakshmana glanced at the palace for one last time smiling. Her eyes didn't well up this time instead she smiled, because she was mature now. Lakshmana, Jambvati, supriya, dushala and Suvarna sat in their respective palanquins.

Lakshmana slided the curtain and kept looking at the palace that wasn't anymore her natal home. After crossing the main gate, she sighed. Coming years would be a new journey for and to began a new journey one has to let go memories of the old one, that's what she was going to do. She joined her hands remembering her mother and father - in - law seeking their blessings.
***********************************
No! I am not getting emotional, but this was last chapter of this book.
* sniffles * yes you all read it right, this was the last chapter.
As promised I am ending this book before geeta jayanti, the first day of kurukshetra war.
A sequel of this book, i.e part two of lakshmana triology would be published soon, maybe in a month or so, till then keep loving this one. If time permits check out other one too.
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me💖.