Chapter 56

" Snigdha bhabhi open the door "
" Please snigdha, don't harm yourself please " Supriya and lakshmana were banging the door of snigdha's room.
The news of death of karna and vrishasen had reached the palace just half an hour ago. Vrushali sat on the cold floor, expressionless, she had lost everything in her life, even her eyes we're tired of shedding tears now . Snigdha had locked herself in her room, just after hearing the news, supriya and lakshmana were pleading her to open the door.

Aditya wrapped his little arms around vrushali frightened by everything that was happening. Vrushali pulled him close to her chest, rocking his hair lightly. Samb came there along with some soldiers, with much effort the were successful in breaking the door, Supriya peeped in, her heart thudding. " Snigdha! " She screamed loudly falling on the floor, lakshmana went inside the chamber gulping.

Snigdha lay on the floor, her hands wrapped around vrishasen's angavastra, blood covered her forehead and still continued flowing.
Sambh hurried towards her and checked her pulse and then her breath. Lakshmana looked at him hopefully, wishing that snigdha was still alive , but sambh turned his face towards her nodding in a no. Vrushali quickly separated Aditya from her embrace, shoving his hand into bhargavi's. " Snigdha " Vrushali went in, but the sight in front of her shook her to the core. She collapsed on the floor, unconscious, lakshmana ran towards her holding her head on her own lap.

Bhargavi pulled Aditya and Vrishketu out of the room, Aditya was crying loudly wishing to be with his mother.
Sambh kept his hand on supriya's shoulder, who looked devastated,
" Jamai ji, I am a Vishva, baanj and anath today. I've lost my husband whom I always worshipped, my sons without whom my existence wouldn't have been complete and now my snigdha " Lakshmana bit her lip to stop her whimpers. Supriya always loved karna selflessly, she never wished to be the queen, she served him, his parents and even his first wife selflessly.

Supriya rose on her feet with much effort and was about to bang her head on the wall, but instead a palm came in between. Lakshmana was looking at her with tear filled eyes, " Please don't maa please don't " Lakshmana wrapped her in an embrace.
************************************
Sambh was helping Aditya light snigdha's funeral pyre, lakshmana stood there along with Vrishketu and Indumati. A three year old kid have to light his mother's pyre! How cruel was it. He wasn't even aware what death means, Indumati had somehow convinced him that his mother had gone to God's abode and would return when he would grow up. Lakshmana's gaze turned towards Vrishketu, he was just 14 years old and have to see the death of his family in front of his eyes.

He haven't even cried his heart out, after his father's death, he was just staring at the flames rising from the pyre. " Ketu " Lakshmana kept her palm on his shoulder, his cold gaze turned towards her, there was so much pain in his orbs. Staring at her for few seconds, he again fixed his gaze on the flames. Lakshmana pulled him close to her and kissed his forehead, but still he was unmoved, it was lakshmana and Indumati, who were in tears.

" Kakashree my friends would call ne bad because I burnt my maa " Aditya mumbled , he was in sambh's arms.
" No adi, you are good boy, very good boy, just your fate is... " Sambh said rocking his hair, " What is fate kakashree " Aditya asked excited, the little child doesn't even knew that he won't meet his parents ever again. Sambh hugged him and kissed his forehead lovingly.
************************************
" Take care of them till I return " Lakshmana instructed bhargavi before leaving. The sight of supriya wearing clothes of a widow was still breaking her heart, while vrushali was still unconscious. They all wondered what would be vrushali's reaction after gaining consciousness. A certain sixth sense was making her stop, but her heart told her that her father would need her. Planting a kiss on vrushali's forehead she left for kurukshetra hopping on her horse.
************************************
There was complete darkness in suyodhan's tent, not even a single lamp was lit. Kuru yuvraj has asked for some time alone , along with ashwatthama, both of them were quite shocked by the death of their dear friend. Lakshmana furrowed her eyebrows as she entered the dark tent, " Pita " She called gently. Suyodhan was sitting in a dark corner, his head burried in his knees, he lifted his head as he heard his daughter's voice, his sole refugee now.

Lakshmana besides him on the floor holding his hands, " What have you.. " Before she could complete her sentence, suyodhan layed his head on her lap, crying like a baby. Lakshmana had never seen her father crying like this, " Everything is over lakshu everything " He cried. If some would have told her a few months ago that her father would cry like this on her lap, she would have definitely denied it.

Ashwatthama sat besides her, keeping his palm on her shoulder, " How are bhabhishrees, ketu? Snigdha? " He asked. " Snigdha bhabhi killed herself " Lakshmana burst into tears. " What!" Chitrasen gasped entering the tent, " How is maa, ketu, adi? " He asked settling besides them, lakshmana just nodded in a yes. " You won't leave me na lakshu? Ashwa, chitra you won't leave ma? " Suyodhan got up from lakshmana's lap as tears flowed down their eyes.

" My son, my brothers, nephews everyone everyone is gone! That little snigdha killed herself because of me, I deserve death only death mahadev " Suyodhan held his head in his hands. " Don't say such things please suyo! Can't you think of something positive! We all are having so many negative things around ourselves! Our vasu is gone, he's gone " The two friends shared a tight hug. Lakshmana kept her palm on chitrasen's shoulder, giving him strength.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next chapter is here.
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me💖.