Chapter 62

The news of suicide attempt of lakshmana spread like wildfire throughout the palace. Chandra, supriya, dushala and suvarna were seen crying, sitting besides her bed. Lakshmana's fair skin had turned blueish, her face had lost its colour and her ever smiling lips were dry. Sambh was standing besides her bed as the team of raj vaidya were checking her. " I am sorry rajkumaar but rajkumaari had swallowed a very strong poison, there are 70 percent chances we may lose her forever " The raj vaidya said lowering his gaze.

Sambh turned around to hide his tears, he maybe strong on other occasions, but a scratch on his beloved, he won't tolerate it. " Jijashree, jiji would recover soon, don't fear " Suthanu consoled him.
" What can we do to make her condition better? Any special herb? Medicine anything? " Sambh asked.
" I've given her all herbs that I was having, also my team is also searching for some more. I would suggest that cloth soaked with cold water should be kept on her forehead " The raj vaidya said, sambh nodded.

" Jijashree she would be fine, she isn't weak " Suthanu said wiping her own tears. " Mahadev, you can't take her away from us , she is my daughter I won't let anything happen to her. I had promised bhanumati that I would always be with her. I anything is destined to happen to her, I take it on myself. " Supriya murmured, but suvarna heard it. " Mamishree, nothing is going to happen to her. If anything happens her, whom will my son call bua, right lakshmana " She said turning towards lakshmana.

Sambh and Suthanu had already started applying cold water cloth on her forehead, while bhargavi was rubbing her feet and palms with oil, hoping it would help. Chandra and dushala had already left for mahadev temple, fasting for lakshmana's recovery. The palace had became more gloomy, it's dear princess were in threshold of death.
************************************
The day had passed , sky was painted in hue of dark orange, lakshmana was still unconscious. Every hour the raj vaidya would feed her some paste, herb or medicine, but there were no changes in her health. Sambh haven't left her side since morning, he was pressing her feet, arms, head, rocking her head, doing everything that he thought would make her feel better.

The dasi had came with dinner for Sambh, but sambh told her that he won't eat until his wife gains consciousness. Tucking the duvet till lakshmana's neck Sambh stepped out of the chamber, leaving her in Suvarna and vrishketu's care.

He pushed open the door of the chamber in which krishna was living. Without waiting for a minute, he hugged his father tightly, krishna just smiled and ruffled his hair lovingly. " She is going to be fine, just you don't lose yourself " Krishna said, " When pitashree? Her skin had turned into purple, raj vaidya said that there are 70 percent chances we may lose her. I can't see her like this. Please let me heal her pitashree, for once let me use my power " Sambh fell at krishna's feet.

Krishna smiled and lifted sambh by his shoulders, " So sambh you can't use your powers, but fear not someone else is going to heal her " . Sambh fixed his tear stricken gaze on Krishna, " Who pitashree and when? " He asked. " You would know that soon, now go and stay with her " Krishna assured him.
************************************
" Rajkumaar we had done everything that we could, we would still try our best. But, we are sorry to say that it all lies in hands on maa durga. Rajkumaari had gave all hopes on life and isn't responding to our medicines, pray to maa durga rajkumaar " Raj vaidya said with lowered gaze. Sambh sighed as besides her, " I know your are teasing or pranking me, but this killing me priyae, get up please. I love you from every corner of my heart and can't imagine my life without you please wake up " He cried holding her palm in his hands and kissing it.

His mind was replaying their memories right from their first meet. She was always smiling, strong and firm, he went against her father to marry him. And now she lie here, on the threshold of death! ' save her pitashree please save her ' he prayed mentally, before resting his head on the corner of the bed.
***********************************
Sambh had a sleepless night, the thought of what is she wakes up and finds him asleep haven't let him sleep throughout the night. He wasn't willing to have breakfast either but Subhadra had forcefully fed him. He was playing with aditya, when the sound of counches blowing caught his attention. Peeping from the window, he saw some chariots with dwarka's flag on them.

He rushed down the stairs , Jambvati, satyabhama, balram and Bhanu had came. Draupadi welcomed then hugged both ladies. Bhanu and Satyabhama's eyes searched for Suthanu, while Jambvati waited for her putra vadhu. " Bhrata bhanu, bhama maa , Suthanu is with uttara bhabhi and Suvarna bhabhi " Sambh answered with a slight smile, draupadi looked at him with confused expression.

" And my lakshmana? " Jambvati asked with a smile, sambh wrapped his arms around his mother. " Come mata I would take you to her " Sambh held her wrist and brought in front of lakshmana's chamber. Jambvati pushed the door, only to see lakshmana lying on her bed, her skin turned purple. " Rajkumaar the poison is about to reach her heart, we have only few hours in our hands , otherwise... " The raj vaidya said lowering his gaze. Jambvati looked at Sambh with horrified expression,
" My putri! She drank poison! " Jambvati exclaimed pulling lakshmana in her arms.

" I won't let anything happen to you putri, I am there " Jambvati wiped her tears. She ordered everyone to leave the room, only she, lakshmana and supriya were there.
************************************
Lakshmana saw she was at a dark place, her body had turned pale and looking lifeless. The God of death was waiting to her with him, once she breaths her last. Her mother, aunt, Sambh everyone were shedding tears. She wished to wake up and wipe their tears but was not able to. The God of death was walking near her seated on his yak. He forwarded his hand to take lakshmana with him, she shut her eyes tightly, but someone held yamdev's hand. Opening her eyes slowly lakshmana saw vijaya lakshmi swaroop of mahalakshmi shielding her and glaring at yamdev. She looked too similar to jambvati, lakshmana joined her hands. The darkness around her slowly began to fade as Vijaya lakshmi hugged her.

Lakshmana's heavy eyes opened slowly, the first thing she saw was Jambvati sitting besides her, holding her hand. " Matashree " Lakshmana exclaimed and tried to wake up, but weakness made her lay down again. Waves of happiness ran through the palace, as their princess gained consciousness. Lakshmana understood the divinity of her mother - in - law, happiness was flowing through her eyes in form of tears.
***********************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next chapter is here.
Hope you liked reading it, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me💖.