Chapter 43

" How could he do this! " Lakshmana sat on couch , bhargavi shook her head in disappointment. " Bhargavi.. How could my father try to imprison my father- in - law! " Lakshmana exclaimed as bhargavi broke the news to her. " Didn't my thought cross his mind? Didn't he remember that his daughter resides in the house of the person, he is trying to imprison? " Lakshmana wiped her tears. " I need to question him about this! " She went towards her writing table and took out a paper.

" Don't act impulsive lakshmana! " Jambvati entered, lakshmana turned towards her and lowered her gaze, jambvati made her sit on a couch, " Listen putri, I know you are saturated by many thoughts these days and you are reacting impulsively. But you shouldn't lose your calm. " Lakshmana felt a little embarrassed, she understood that the over reacted. " I am sorry matashree " She apologised. " Don't apologise putri, you have to be strong right? Let the political matters remain on their place. Don't act until swami tells you to, his decision would always be right. Trust me " Jambvati added with a smile.

Lakshmana felt warmth in her words and a smile carved on her lips, " Matashree, would you please tell me everything that happened there " She asked. " Sure, swami went to hastinapur for a peace treaty on the behalf of pandavas. He was welcomed and your pita asked him to stay in the guest chamber, but swami refused and stayed a mahamantri vidur's chamber. Your father got enraged by this , next day swami went to the rajsabha for peace treaty on behalf of pandavas and asked for five nagars, Indraprastha, Swarnprastha , Panprastha , Vyaghrprastha and Tilprastha. But your father declined them and tried to imprison swami. After that swami took angraj karna away and.... " Before she could complete her sentence, " Jambvati! " Came a voice from the door, satyabhama was standing there.

" Jambvati I have some work with you, come... Come here with me " Satyabhama gave fake smile and pulled jambvati out of the chamber .
" What we're you going to tell her jambvati? About angraj's birth secret! As per now, it should be only known to him, did you forget " Satyabhama asked her, knotting eyebrows, jambvati gasped on realising what she was going to reveal, " I am so sorry didi, I was not going to tell it deliberately, It was my mistake, I won't repeat it " . " It's not about sorry jambvati, it's about the trust swami has on us, I am pretty sure you won't repeat it " Satyabhama said and left with a smile and jambvati returned to lakshmana's chamber.

" Matashree, means the war id inevitable now? " Lakshmana asked with a sadness and disappointment, jambvati silently nodded in a no.
***********************************
" Arya " Lakshmana called sambh softly, making him smile, " Yes mani? You want something? " He asked holding her hands into his, lakshmana nodded in a yes. " I never asked anything from you except love, but today I want to ask something, may I? ". " Yes.. Yes... Go head " Sambh made her sit on bed, " The war in inevitable, it's going to be between my own family, in such conditions, I want to be there with my family, I want to go to hastinapur " Sambh shook his head with a faint smile.

" I expected this from you " He patted her cheeks making her smile a bit, " I would ask mata and tatshree about this, as pitashree is at upalavya. If they agree, you are not going alone, I would come to hastinapur with you" He assured, " Thank you so much arya " She clasped his hands with a real smile after many days.
***********************************
" I said no " Jambvati turned her back, " Please matashree, let me go " Tears welled up in lakshmana's eyes. " I can't let you go mana, you would suffer there. Those constant politics, deaths would make you mentally ill, aren't you understanding! " Jambvati shook her shoulders. " I am ready to suffer it all matashree, but I have to be the support of my family, I would stay in the palace " Lakshmana whined.

" It's not easy! My father had always told me about the destruction , pain and lamenting of women during the shri ram - ravan war and it had always brought goosebumps to me, I can't let my daughter - in - law suffer from all this " Jambvati was firm on her decision. " Mata, sorry to interrupt but, I think even if she stays here, she would constantly worry about situations in kurukshetra, instead if she would go to her natal home, she would feel relieved and not homesick " Sambh interrupted politely.

" Matashree, I know what my father and uncles have done is unforgivable and they would be punished for it. Amidst that situation, I want to be there for my old grand parents and aunts, I want to be their support, please let me go " Lakshmana said wiping the tear that rolled down from her eye. Jambvati turned and hugged lakshmana, " You may go, take sambh with you " She said patting lakshmana's back.
***********************************
" You are strong , stay strong, hopeful and positive. May Lord shiva shower his blessings on you " Jambvati bleesed her daughter - in - law and glanced towards her son. " Sambh, she is your responsibility now, support her and help her support her family. Take care of them like she takes care of us " Sambh smiled looking at his mother, " Don't worry mata, I am with her " .

" Putri, I would be there soon, don't worry, I would be by your side " Balram blessed her as she touched his feet. Vatsala and yutika hugged her,
" Putri, when the war would start, there would start a war between your inner self, listen to your heart and stay strong " Rukmini blessed her.

Lakshmana sat in her palanquin and sambh ascended his chariot, bhargavi was also coming with them. As her palanquin crossed the threshold of dwarika , she felt a part of her was left behind and her eyes watered suddenly. She wished to turn back once, but once she had left for journey she can't turn back.
**********************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next chapter is here.
I would try to be regular with updates from now on.
I was going to write on vatsala - abhimanyu wedding, but I didn't agree with the further story of folklore, so it's cancelled.
Do let me know your thoughts trough you comments, they are much important for me ❤.