Chapter 40

Lakshmana saw abhimanyu and uttara exchange garlands with a pleasant smile. Sambh, who was standing on the opposite side ( groom's side ) stole glances at her while she was helping uttara during the rituals. As their gaze met, they had a flashback of their wedding and lakshmana's cheeks covered with a tint of crimson. It was time for abhimanyu to fill uttara's hairline with sindoor, lakshmana slided her mangtika and abhimanyu forwarded his fingers which held a pinch of sindoor. Before he could fill uttara's hairline a pitch black crow entered the hall and started crying.

" What a bad omen is this! " Sudeshna exclaimed, scaring everyone. " Aree maharani, there are so many trees around your palace na, the crow may be belonging to any of the tree, nothing much in that " Sambh interrupted with a bit fake smile.
" Yes yes absolutely true " Arjun added and indicated abhimanyu to continue. Abhimanyu filled the partition of uttara with sindoor and everyone clapped with smiles.

There was only one face with graveness in eyes, krishna. " What's bothering you swami? " The queen of dwarka asked him holding his hand.
" Nothing priye " He replied with a fake smile. " You don't need to hide anything from me, you can tell me whenever you wish to " She said squeezing his hand, he just gave an affirmative nod. " Ehm... Ehm... Seems kanha and rukmini bhabhi are too lost in love " Bheem said making everyone laugh. Rukmini blushed and moved away from there.

After the wedding rituals were done, uttara and abhimanyu climbed down the platform and touched everyone's feet. When they came near sambh and lakshmana ,the later kissed uttara on her right cheek. " Aree lakshmana, what are you doing ,it's the right of abhi now! " Sambh said pressing his lower lip. Rukmini hit him playfully on hand and mock glared at him, all the elders laughed while uttara and abhimanyu blushed a lot.

" Thani, I want to meet your mothers, please " Lakshmana pleased suthanu. " What's the need to say please, come with me " Suthanu held her hand and took towards the pandavpatnis who were talking happily to each other. Lakahmana touched their feet and they blessed her.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Lakshmana's pov :
After all the wedding rituals were over, we all gathered in a big Hall except abhi bhrata and uttara. " What should we do about the war vasudev?" Taatshree yudhishthir broke the silence. War? But virat war is just over, if I am not wrong! Kakashree karna lost his younger brother during that war. I decided to keep patience and listen further.

" Draupadi, you go to your father's place with all women and children along with uttara, the rest of all would leave for dwarka " Pitashree krishna said in his calm voice and everyone nodded in agreement. " But vasudev, are kauravas willing for the war? " Kakashree nakul asked. What? Did the say kauravas? Means my home! My mind went back to the memories of dyut sabha and a chill ran down my spine. I persuaded myself to listen further, coming out of my thoughts.
" Someone of us should go to hastinapur and ask the kurus about their opinion on this ,without any intention to warn or harm them. " Pitashree continued.

Taatshree balram stood up, " But don't you all think that bhrata yudhishthir shouldn't have staked his wife and kingdom? Even after knowing that gandhar raj is skilled in use if dice. Wasn't it his fault also?" There was pin drop silence in the hall, taatshree was the eldest among cousins,and no one dared to oppose him.

I went numb, war Between my own family? I moved my gaze towards suthanu, she had strong determination on her face, isn't she also from kuru lineage? Why isn't she concerned about the war between our own family, like I am? Does she hate my family? But pitashree, kakashree didn't do anything to her, why is not concerned about them, the way I am concerned about pandav kakashrees? These thoughts covered my mind, I wrapped the end of my aanchal around my finger in restlessness.

I then moved my gaze towards the pandavpatnis, they also had Strong determination on their face, as if ready for the war. My heart ached, why does everyone need war here? What my father did was totally wrong and I didn't support his deeds, not even a bit. But, I was his daughter, his blood flowed through my veins, a part of mind cannot tolerate anyone saying bad about him. I don't want this war, I wished someone could listen to my inner voice, please stop this war.

Kakashree satyaki stood up. " Bhrata balram our thoughts may be different, but I don't support criticising dharma putra yudhishthir. He is always righteous " He said in determination. Taatshree was about to counter what kakashree satyaki said, but subhadra kaki interrupted, " Just a minute bhrata " . " Thanu, lakshmana you both go to uttara's chamber and help her " She said looking towards us. She didn't want us to get upset by the discussion that was going to take place.

We both got up and went towards uttara's chamber. She was arranging the gifts she got during her wedding. She smiled at us, suthanu sat beside her and started helping her, I was disturbed, I went to little balcony in her room and sat on the small swing. My mind went back to the times of my childhood when pitashree used to pamper me a lot, what days were they! He never let me come in contact with the conspiracies in the palace, so protective he was and he would be still. My hastinapur! I miss running into the gardens freely , my dance sessions, sword duals with bhrata vrishasen, pitashree's pampering everything.....

I teardrop made way through my eyes, falling on the ground. I closed my eyes as another fresh pair of years escaped through them. I inhaled to control my tears and was quite successful. My gaze was fixed towards the mid day sun, when I felt a hand on my shoulder, I jerked a bit and turned, it was uttara. She sat besides me and held my hand into her's " The decision is made mana, maharaj drupad is sending someone to hastinapur tomorrow to ask your father about his decision " She said with a painful smile.

" We need to be strong now tara " I squeezed her hand Assuringly with a forced smile. " Just three days of my wedding and there are discussions about war " A tear escaped her eyes as we both hugged each other tightly.
" Ehm... Ehm " Arya and abhi bharata were standing there, " How many more rights of abhi are you going to steal mani " Arya mocked as I rolled my eyes, everyone laughed on this.
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey, my lovely readers, the next chapter is here, hope you'll liked it, though this was a sad one.
I really  apologize if I wrote something wrong while expressing lakshmana's feeling.
Let me know your thoughts through your comments, they are much important for me❤.