Chapter 50 - the 13th day

Yay! It's 50th chapter of this story!

" Bhrata!!!!! " A loud scream was heard in the hall as snigdha rushed to lakshmana and settled her on a couch.
The princess of hastinapur broke down, hearing the news of her brother's death. The soldier continued telling how these princes were killed by their own blood. Indumati, chandramukhi and dushala hugged each other. Lakahmana held her hair in her fists, venting her anger on them. She covered her mouth stopping the screams that threatened to be out. " My bhratas!! Bhrata.. Sumasan... Sushyant... Banasen ..... Shatrunjay bhrata..... Abhi bhrata.... Why are you all saying that they are dead! " She almost screamed.

After her father, her brothers were the one she trusted and loved the most, who had pampered her, whether they were her own or sons of karna. All memories right from their birth to the day they departed, ran through her mind, making her cry more. The way lakshman had cared for her like a kid, how sumasan and banasen had gave her their share of sweets, how sushyant and shatrunjay had hid her mischiefs. " They had told me, they would always be there for me, how could they leave me bhabi!! They can't.... They can't! " She wailed.

" Tell them I am crying, they would surely wake up... They.... They must be pranking me... Bhabhi... Bhabi.... My brothers " Her breath hitched but tears didn't stopped. Bhargavi gave her water to drink to calm her, lakshmana drank it in one go. She remembered how they had hugged her on her wedding day, their hidden tears, during her vidai, how they had trained her in sword, so that she can protect herself. " You all can't leave me alone like this bhratas! I apologize for every time I was stubborn, everytime I was angry on you all, but please.... Please don't leave me alone "
She hid her face with her hands and was trembling,while crying. Her eyes moved towards gandhari and dushala, they were sitting still, not even a drop of tear in their eyes,these poor woman had lost their brothers and sons and now all three rajkumaars ! Her head began to spin and she collapsed on snigdha's shoulder.

Bhargavi sprinkled water on her face and snigdha patted her shoulder, so that she could gain consciousness. She blinked her eyes and sat up, abhimanyu... Her abhi bhrata... Sumasan had killed him.... The reality was hard to digest. " What's use of this war! Why my brothers and uncles are killing each other. They would die, but we... Sisters, daughters, mothers who would be left behind would always suffer! " She cried more.

Suddenly she reminded of uttara, her best friend, she gasped realising that she would be a widow now , she shut her eyes, she needs to be with her, but would they let her in? No she would do anything to be with her best friend, uttara needs her. She rose on her feet and ran towards her chamber, telling bhargavi to keep a horse ready for her.

She changed her clothes, into lighter to ride a sword and tied the scabbard near her waist. She sat on the horse and rode towards kurukshetra swiftly.
************************************
The horse raised his front feet as lakshmana pulled his reins to stop him. She stood in front of the pandavas camp, the soldiers blocked her path as she tried to enter, " Enemies aren't allowed her " They spoke with anger, " I am here as uttara's friend, let me in please " She pleaded, but the guards didn't let her in.

She knew, that they won't let her in, she jumped on her horse once again and hurried towards the ' kaurava camp ' . Everything was silent, people were busy tending the injured soldiers, she quickly covered her nose  as the smell of blood and flesh attacked her,her eyes searched for her people. She heard some familiar voices from a tent and immediately went inside. Duryodhan, karna with his alive sons, ashwatthama, vikarn dusshasan,surath were sitting there, with.... With samb, when did he came? Lakshmana thought.

Before she could say anything, duryodhan engulfed her in a hug, letting out his pain of losing his brothers, nephews and now his own son. They both hugged and cried, no eyes we're left dry, looking at them both, even the soldiers outside wiped their tears silently. " I am the murderer of my kids! I killed my son, my nephews, my brothers,my wife,I am the murderer, I don't deserve to live " Lakshmana nodded her head in a no, " Please don't say such things pitashree, I have no one else than you " She cried, separating from his hug.

His eyes held the pain of losing his loved ones, but the war had came to such a stage that no one of them would take a step back. Karna and ashwatthama came near them, " You should not come alone " Rocking her head lovingly ,Ashwatthama said. She just looked at him with her tear stained face.

Karna patted her back, to calm her, she just looked at him once and hugged him. " All preparations are done " Jayadrath announced from the entrance, everyone shared glances .
Ashwatthama took Karna out of the tent, duryodhan quickly wiped his tears and went out, lakshmana followed them all, as she was confused, about whhich preparations.

Her eyes widened in shock, as she saw four pyres set up,ready for cremation " Thank God, neither kaki, nor Vrushali maa is here to see this. Why did you all leave me alone " She wailed. Samb came near her and held her hand, " Why is it happening mitra, in the time of our sons Cremating us, we have to cremate the pyres of our sons " Karna spoke his voice choked with tears.

Duryodhan, dusshasan, vikarna and Karna walked towards the pyres, holding fire in their hands, silent tears  running down from their eyes. They have to cremate the ones, they had gave birth to, they had cared for, grew up, no one other than a father could understand their pain. " My bhratas! " Lakshmana let out a loud wail, as they all burned the pyres. Samb and sushen ( son of Karna) held her from both sides, while ashwatthama, surath and vrishasen patted the shoulders of the crying fathers.

They all returned to their tent with heavy heart and drenched eyes. Duryodhan had laid his head on lakshmana's shoulders, as she rocked his head with love. " You both should leave now jamai ji " Words of surath brought lakshmana back to her senses. " Yes bhratashree, we would leave, you all take care " Surath and samb exchanged a side hug.

Surath cupped lakshmana's face with brotherly love, " Take care " He forced a smile, lakshmana just nodded. Samb made her rise on her feet and with heavy heart, they walked out of the tent. Lakshmana looked back again and prayed to her God, to keep them all safe. It was almost midnight, they ascended the chariot, lakshmana laid her head on samb's chest as he wiped her tears.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next chapter is here.
Though I am bit disappointed by the number of votes and comments on previous chapter, but couldn't stop myself from writing this one.
To silent readers, please speak up.
Hope you liked reading this chapter, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me❤.