Chapter 52

Lakshmana stood in her balcony, watching the sun rise and the city getting back to do their daily chores.
Suyodhan had always told her that
' when we die , people would cry for few minutes, days but would get back to their routine after it ' she saw it all coming true, right in front of her eyes.
" Lakshmana, I've prepared what you had asked for " Bhargavi announced, keeping her palm on lakshmana's shoulder, to which the princess just nodded.

Her gaze was still fixed on the sky, towards the direction of kurukshetra, wondering what would be happening there. Arjun's pledge, dead bodies of her brothers, the experience she had yesterday night, covering her mind continuously. " Lakshmana, you need to meet her, if not you then who will take care of them " Bhargavi said, breaking lakshmana's chain of thoughts.

Lakshmana turned around, before some days, she still looked like a naive princess, bubbly and chirpy. But these days, she had suddenly started looking mature, a small smile replacing her huge grin. She took the plate that was kept on the table and walked, not speaking a word with bhargavi.
***********************************
" Indu kaki " Lakshmana murmured standing outside the wooden door, still hesitating whether to enter or not. She slowly pushed the door open, her eyes searching for Indumati. She found her sitting in front of Lord Shiva's small idol in the corner of the chamber. She looked weak as she had kept a fast, from the beginning of the war to keep her people safe, lakshmana had brought some fruits for her as she haven't ate or drank even water from yesterday afternoon, lost in mourning for her son's death.

" Indu kaki " Lakshmana shaked her, breaking her trance, she quickly wiped her tears and flashed a fake weak smile. " What happened putri? " She asked lovingly, it was lakshmana's turn to shed tears now, she wondered how kind a woman can be, even after her own son had been killed. Lakshmana just nodded in a no and hugged her, " You haven't ate any fruits, not even water from yesterday " Lakshmana whined separating from her embrace.

" I have lost the desire on food or water putri " Indumati answered with a frail smile. " But still you have to eat, because I am insisting " Lakshmana forwarded a slice of apple in front of her. " Please putri, I don't want to eat anything " Indu nodded in a no, disappointing lakshmana. " So, you want vikarna kakashree to scold me? " Lakshmana said raising her eyebrows. " Huh! I didn't get it putri " Indu answered.

" When kakashree left for war, he had asked me to take care of you, if he would see you like this, he would definitely scold me " Lakshmana tried hard to control her tears in her attempts to make Indumati smile.
Indu's eyes welled by the mention of her husband, he mind was continuously worried for him, how he would have digested the shock of their son's death? Would he be fine? Would he have ate anything? Innumerable questions covered her mind.

During this hard time, they need to be there for each other, but these situations have separated them. A small but genuine smile too crept on her lips, by seeing lakshmana's efforts to console her. She ate the slice of apple forwarded by lakshmana and assured that she would finish the rest.
" Kakishree, always remember I am your daughter not your niece " Lakshmana smiled and left her chamber.
************************************
Lakshmana's mind was continuously racing as sun was making it's way towards the West. She was busy giving instructions to the maintenance department, when she heard the neighing of horses, she feet immediately hurried towards the main door, her heart racing, hoping not to hear anything negative.

" Tell me, how is sindhuraaj? " She asked panting to the soldier, his face fell, " Let's go in rajkumaari " He pleaded. " No I want to hear it now itself tell me " She insisted, the soldier hesitated for a minute, " Sinduraaj, sindhu yuvraj, angraj's son susharma, rajkumaar vikarna along with 9 of his brothers are being killed today " The soldier replied. Lakshmana gasped, faces of dushala, suvranadhika and her son flashed in front of her eyes, what would happen to them now?

She heard a scream from behind her,
" Arya!! " Indumati was about to fall on the ground but lakshmana held her. Her world had came crashing down, yesterday her son and today her husband, she was unconscious, lakshmana took her to her chamber with bhargavi's help, biting her own lip tightly to control tears. She hugged indumati tightly, willing to feel and share her pain. She remembered lakshman telling her that vikarna had tried to stop draupadi's cheerharan, then why was he killed? Did the pandavas forget the only person who had tried to stop their wife's insult? Her mind questioned.

She came to the Hall, wiping her tears, well aware that the news would have reached throughout the palace. Snigdha was having hard time consoling survarna, who looked disastrous, her hair dishellved and heart wrenching after hearing the news of her husband's death. Her gaze then moved towards dushala, who was sitting stone still, not even blinking. Vrushali and supriya looked completely broken, the elder queen constantly chanting, " I want to die " , while the younger queen's tears were not stopping.

Gandhari had laid her head on chandramukhi's shoulder, panting to catch breath. Lakshmana felt startled for a moment, whom to console first? " Lakshmana, you came, take.. Take me to my arya now, he must me waiting for me " Suvarna rose on her feet, wiping her tears, " Bhabhi calm! He... He... Is... Dea... Dead " Lakshmana replied her lips trembling. " Why is everyone saying so? He won't... He can't leave me alone he loves me, our son, he won't go anywhere " Survarna said smiling, not able to digest the fact that her husband is dead.

" Wait, let him come, I would complian about you all to him, how you all called him dead " Survarna panted for breath, lakshmana enbraced her tightly, as survarna broke down in the embrace, crying to her heart's content. After done with consoling suvarna and giving her charge to snigdha, lakshmana went towards dushala, who was just staring at a wall. " Bua, say something, at least cry " Lakshmana pleaded, but no effect, dushala was still stone still. She hugged dushala, letting out her own tears, but the elder kaurav nandini seemed motionless, as if the death of her husband and son had sucked out life from her.

Gazing around, lakshmana saw just sorrow, cries of mothers, sisters, daughters and wives. Wondering why was this all happening? How much more did they all have to suffer? Praying mentally to her father- in - law to stop whatever is happening and save her families from the doom.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers the next part is here.
This is getting more and more sorrowful and now onwards begans the most sorrowful days 15th to 18th day, donno how I am going to pain down the gried.
Hope you liked reading this chapter, do let me know through your comments, they are much important for me💖.