Chapter 5

Vrushali came to hastinapur after many years. After spending some time at her in- laws place, she decided to visit the palace to meet the two, who were like her own children to her. She was talking to Gandhari, when she heard a familiar voice calling for her name. She turned into the direction of the voice.

Lakshmana came running to her and gave her a tight hug. " I missed you so much, vrushali maa" She said. " Mana, you were just three years little kid when I saw, you for the last time, and now my mana has grown seven years old" vrushali said caressing her face with mother's love. " Yes, vrushali maa, I am a big girl now". After taking Gandhari's leave, vrushali went with lakshmana to her chamber and mana was talking endlessly about all those years, while vrushali was feeding her kheer with motherly love. Lakshmana had lost her mother at very time of her birth, but she had found her mother in her ' vrushali maa and supriya mai'. They both loved her very much.
---------------------------------------

Vrushali was still busy feeding her kheer, when mana suddenly asked a strange question " Vrushali maa, where is my mother and why don't she live with us? ". Vrushali was shocked by her question, she remained quiet for few seconds. Lakshmana added further " I've always seen daughters enjoying with their mothers, mothers combing their daughter's hair, I always feel to ask pitashree about her, but I feel that pitashree will get hurt, so I am asking you, please tell na vrushali maa, where is my mother? ". Vrushali was looking stunned after listening all thisthis, she said" Mana, enough of questions now, finish this kheer first" Saying this, she fed a spoon of kheer in her mouth.

Duryodhan entered the room, he asked " Bhabhishree, it's sleeping time is Mana and laksh, otherwise they will fall sick, soo... " Before he could complete his sentence , vrushali added" Okk, Yuvraj, laksh, come in, I will make you both sleep by singing a, lullaby " . " Bhabhishree, everday, I make them both sleep first and then move to sleep in my chamber, if I didn't see them sleeping, I can't sleep the whole night, Bhabhishree please.... " . Vrushali was amused to see the motherly- father side of the angry Yuvraj of hastinapur, she left the room with a small smile on her face

" Pitashree, today I asked vrushali maa, about where is my mother, but she didn't answer me, please tell me, where is my mother? " Lakshmana asked innocently, looking at duryodhan. " Your mother is with mahadev, putri and she is satisfied there" Duryodhan answered hiding the tears in his eyes. " But, pitashree why did mahadev took my mother from me, I miss her so much, when I see, mother of other children " Lakshman asked. " Enough of questions both of you, it's time for your sleep" Duryodhan said patting the forehead of them both. After they both have slept silently, he moved out of the room crying, but no one was there who would notice his tears. Everyone noticed his arrogance, but no one ever desired to ask him, is he is missing his wife.

Lakshmana was the only one to wipe his tears and carve a smile on his face. He was mother as well as father for both of them.
--------------------------------------------------