Chapter 36

The naive girl, who used to run through the corridors without any fear in her natal home, now holds her veil in one hand and lehanga in another. She isn't running today, she took precise steps and walked smilingly, this is how a girl changes positively after her she is married. Her naivety is now transformed into maturity, her non stop giggles have exchanged their place with a serene smile. The pampered princess is now turning into a responsible putravadhu.

Slowly she walked towards vatsala's chamber. As she walked inside, she saw Revati was combing vatsala's hair, as she was sitting in front of dressing table. They both were giggling, chuckling and smiling, such a great bond existed between them two. Lakshmana looked at them mesmerizingly, she had never seen a mother-daughter bond like this in her hastinapur. Suddenly she reminded of her only meet with her mother, the night before her swayamvar.

Her heart felt a sudden pain and a tear drop rolled down her cheek involuntarily. For a minute she imagined herself in place of vatsala and the woman she was the night before her swayamvar ( bhanumati) in place of Revati. Another fresh pair of tears escaped her eyes and she closed her eyes in disappointment. Vrushali, supriya, Indumati always cared for her liked mothers, but a place in her heart was still vacant for her mother.

She had a father, brother, sister, bua but her heart still ached for the love of her mother. She never expressed it in front of anyone, but she always craved to feel, how it feels to lie on your mother's lap, feel her warm hand on your head, laugh and gossip with her, comb each other's hair to eat food from her hands, her support and much more.

As soon as she realised, Revati and vatsala may notice her, she walked out of the chamber hurriedly. She stood pinning herself to the wall outside, breathing heavily and wiping her tears. She closed her eyes to ease herself, but suddenly felt an hand on her shoulder. She jerked and started shivering out of fear and opened her eyes with fear. Jambvati stood in front of her, looking at her with care she immediately cupped her cheeks, lakshmana's tears landed on jambvati's fingers.

" Why are you crying putri, someone said you something? " Jambvati wiped her tears, which resulted into lakshmana crying more. " No... Nothing.. Matashree " She freed herself , wiped her tears and started walking towards her chamber. Jambvati held her wrist gently and took her to her own room. " Putri you remember, I had told you, on the very first night after you wedding, this is your house now and you don't need to hide anything " Jambvati raised her chin. Lakshmana abruptly nodded in a yes and looked at jambvati with teary eyes.

" So, I've guessed was right, you are missing your family " Lakshmana layed her head on jambvati's shoulder and started sobbing silently, jambvati let her cry and patted her head slowly, with motherly affection. " I've got a new family here, so I miss my family less, but when I saw Revati kakishree and vatsala, I missed my late mother " Lakshmana said her voice choked with tears. " Matashree, I knew that very few people from my natal home genuinely cared for me, my pitashree had warned me to be careful about this. Vrushali maa, supriya maa, Indu kaki, pitamahi and even bhargavi was like my mini mother, but my heart always yearned for the love of my mother" Lakshmana was letting out her emotions.

" When you married sambh, you accepted all his relations as yours? " Jambvati asked her, lakshmana raised her face and nodded in a yes innocently. " Then why didn't you accept me as your mother? You treat yutika, vatsala as your sisters, swami as pitashree, bhanu, ulmuka as your brothers, then why don't you regard me as your mother? " Jambvati asked knotting her eyebrows slightly.
Lakshmana lowered her eyes , jambvati squeezed her hand, giving her hope.

" Whenever you would miss your mother, come to me, okay? " Jambvati said assuring, lakshmana hugged her tightly. Jambvati then made lakshmana sit in front if her dressing table and opened her braid, she took comb in her hand started combing it. Lakshmana held her hand a nodded in a no, " No matashree " . Jambvati rolled her eyes and sighed, " Just now you accepted me as your mother, right " Jambvati raised her eyebrows, lakshmana couldn't resist her smile on her face and left jambvati's hand.

Jambvati combed her hair a tied a braid, lakshmana felt herself lucky for having a mother-in-law who cared so much for her. Before her marriage she had heard that dwarka is like vaikuntha on earth and today she felt this all come real. " So someone forgot me, after her putravadhu came in her house " Sambh came from behind and hugged jambvati from behind.

" No, you both are my kids " Jambvati hit sambh in his head slightly, lakshmana smiled heartily. " Mata, can I take your putravadhu now to our chamber " Sambh asked sheepishly. " No, she would sleep with me today in my chamber " Jambvati raised her one eyebrow and sambh frowned. She giggled looking at the frown on his face and hugged them both, " Go take her " She said giggling.
Sambh held lakshmana's wrist and started walking, lakshmana paused suddenly and turned towards jambvati.

" Thank you matashree " She said squeezing her hand assuring. Sambh and lakshmana then walked to their chamber.
-------------------------------------------------------
Lakshmana rested her head on sambh's chest, whereas sambh caressed her tresses. " I can't thank you enough for making me part of your wonderful family " Lakshmana whispered, but loud enough, that it was audible to sambh. " Mani, is it your family or our family? " Sambh knotted his eyebrows with mock anger, lakshmana smiled and answered " Our ".

" And you know, I can't thank you enough for making me fall in love with you, my running princess " Sambh said the last words suppressing his giggle. " Huh, how much more would you tease, calling me running princess, don't forget I am your wife now " She turned her gaze elsewhere. " I know my priye, " Sambh wrapped her in his arms, " But I can't stop adoring the mock anger on your face " Lakshmana just blushed.
------------------------------------------------------
Hey, my lovely readers, hope you liked this chapter and the growing bond between lakshmana and jambvati.
Updates would be slower now, as my board exams are going to be offline.
Let me know, your thoughts about the chapter through your comments, they are much important for me ❤.