Chapter 55

" I am not going to leave that bheem, how could he do this to my arya! How could he drink a human's blood! " Chandra was almost screaming, holding a sword in her hands. " Calm down Bhabhi please! Your anger isn't totally wrong, but my brothers were at fault too, bhrata had pulled draupadi bhabhi by her hair, wasn't it cruel " Dushala held her arms. Chandra sat on the bed helplessly, " What my arya did was totally wrong! But drinking someone's blood! He broke my arya's arms, limbs and tore his chest " She held her hair in his fists to control the overwhelming anger rising inside her.

" Putra vadhu! I am sorry, you all have to go from this pain, because of me, because kauravas are born from the flesh, which I had gave birth to " Gandhari cried holding Indumati's hand. " You don't apologize matashree, we all know how much grief you are going through, however your sons maybe, seeing death of 99 sons isn't something a normal woman can go through " Indumati consoled her. " We all are sailing in the same boat, all we can do is stand by each other's side firmly " Dushala said holding chandra's shoulder.

" I feel ashamed of myself when dasi apply Vermilion on my forehead, my daughter, putra vadhus, pautra vadhus are widows and I am still a suhagan " Gandhari held her head in her hands. " Was it in your hands matashree, why do you blame yourself  whatever was meant to happen has happened, we can't change it, we can't! " Indumati cried.
" It feels like there is no meaning left to our lives, we've lost our children our husbands, our pride, everything! " Dushala wiped her tears. " Jiji! How can someone drink blood of their own cousin! " Indmati shut her eyes in disgust.

" Indu, please please don't bring the topic again and again, my heart pains! I wish I would have been dead with him. I knew he had done wrong things, but still I am his mother and chandra is his wife, we loved him dearly " Gandhari cried. " Why is it happening only with us! What's our fault " Dushala cried. " Now wipe our tears, lakshmana would be back, we shouldn't show our pain to her, she is just a young girl of 21 and is definitely suffering more than us " Chandra exchanged assuring nods with everyone. Lakshmana who was listening to all this from outside the door, her palms covering her mouth to stop her wails, ran from there to her chamber.

She threw herself on her bed, letting all her tears out , ordering bhargavi not to send anyone in. After done with crying, she slept chanting Krishna's name. That was the only name that calmed her heart at that moment.
************************************
" No... No... Please don't come near me please " Lakshmana was screaming in sleep. Vrushali was sleeping besides her, rocked her forehead and rubbed her palms, trying to calm her. " No please! " Lakshmana shot up , sweating , crying and her breathing hitched, " Lakshu, you fine? We're you dreaming something bad " Vrushali handed a glass of water from nearby table. Lakshmana gazed around, she was in her chamber, she sighed in relief and hugged vrushali for her life.
" Shant lakshu, you are safe. Do you dream something bad? " Vrushali rubbed her back, lakshmana nodded in a yes.

" Maa, kakashree dusshasan was walking on one leg,his body was filled with wounds, covered with blood. He was asking one limb and my arms, he told he would take me where he had went, when I said no, he pulled me by my hair, just the way he did with samragyi, he wont do anything to me na, maa? " Lakshmana tightened the hug as goosebumps ran over her body. " Nothing would happen, I am there na, shant " Vrushali laid her on the bed consoling. " But maa, last I remember, I was crying here alone, when did you came and when did I slept? " Lakshmana asked.

" I came here to take you to sleep with me, but you are already asleep, maybe because of tiredness or crying, so I slept besides you " Lakshmana wondered, what she had done to have this lady as her mother. She wasn't vrushali's biological daughter, but vrushali loved her and lakshman more than her sons. She never saw her birth mother in real, but her vrushali maa was her mother, caring, kind, strict, who would scold her when she did wrong, educate her about things,she was the one to have a talk with lakshmana before her wedding and loved her endlessly.

A smile formed on lakshmana's face, that didn't went unnoticed by vrushali in dim light of diyas. " Maa, whats so special about this ring? Means you are wearing this even while sleeping? " Lakshmana asked pointing at a tight ring in vrushali's finger. " This? This is most prized possession for me and I've never removed this ring from my hand. I am wearing since I was unmarried " Vrushali replied with a smile. " Why? " Lakshmana questioned amazed and pulled her hand, having a close look at the ring.

" Because this is the first gift, the owner of my soul , my nath gave me" Vrushali replied blushing. Vrushali was queen of a kingdom, her husband was a digvijayi, greatest danveer on earth and still she wore a simple metal ring gifted by her husband before marriage, what more did true love sound like? " Maa does love diminish after having children? " Lakshmana asked, " No! Never. It feels like your love is complete after you have children. " Vrushali replied slightly blushing.

" And after having a co wife? " Kaurav nandini spoke all of sudden, making the smile on vrushali's face diminish.
" Priya was never like a co wife to me, I loved her and would always love her, because my nath loves her. She is like my younger sister " Vrushali replied. " Come it's morning already, let's wake up " Vrushali stepped down from the bed and left the chamber, not before joining her hands in front of sunrays that had entered from the window. Little did she knew, that it was 17th day of the war.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
Please leave your comment, am I giving justice to all main characters introduced till now?
Am I falling short to portray the kurushetra war, from pov of kaurav ladies?
As these are the last few chapters, I am trying my best to complete this book by geeta jayanti ( 14 December) , your comments would help me portray everything more efficiently.
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me💖.