Chapter 31

Duryodhan slammed the door angrily, he Dishellved the bedsheets and threw things here and there. " Mitra.... Be calm Mitra .... There's nothing to get angry that much " Karna came running behind him and held his arm.
" Nothing... You say nothing... My lakshmana is willing to marry the son of my enemy.... Enemy... She would be thr kulvadhu of his family.... Are you understanding mitra " Duryodhan shook Karna's arms. " Yes I am understanding everything and hence I am in support of mani's love, I would stand for her " Karna said firmly.

" Mitra " Duryodhan stared at him in astonishment. " Think yourself, what is important for you, your ego or your daughter's happiness " Karna left the room leaving duryodhan in deep thoughts. Duryodhan thought on the words of karna for some time, he asked himself what was more important for him and then he made a decision. He went to lakshmana's chamber, she was sleeping her innocent face filled with worry, her eyebrows were knotted and her eyes had signs of dried tears.

" I am sorry... I am sorry for making you cry my putri. You know right your father is shot tempered. It's difficult to control my anger. Your father apologizes " He rocked her head. Lakshmana smiled while in sleep and held duryodhan's hand. He sat there the whole night rocking her head and went back to his chamber before lakshmana wakes up.
--------------------------------------------- ---------
Duryodhan was feeling uneasy while going to the rajyasabha, where all the elders and his gurudev were waiting for him. He was a little far from the rajyasabha when he started feeling tremors on the floor. It seemed like someone was dragging the palace. With much efforts he reached the rajyasabha, mahamahim, vidur and maharaj were requesting balram to pacify his anger. Balram had in anchor in his hand and was trying to drag the palace to the seashore.

" Stop this shree balram, we are ready to get lakshmana married to sambh " Vidur said. " Kakashree, lakshmana is my daughter, only I can take decisions for her " Duryodhan said angrily.
" Are you looking, our palace could be destroyed in few minutes and still you are embracing your ego " Vidur answered. " And to save this palace you would get my daughter married " Duryodhan curved his fists.

" You always desired to be the king of this kingdom, right. Then don't you feel anything for this palace, our praja. The king has to let go all his personal disputes for the welfare of praja. " Vidur said. " Your decision was going to be the same anyways, without much destruction announce your decision " Karna said pulling duryodhan aside. Duryodhan's face had reluctance, but karna kept his hand in his shoulder and gave him hope.

" I am ready to get my daughter wedded to rajkumaar sambh " Duryodhan spoke in a low voice. Everyone's eyes widened. Balram smiled and embraced duryodhan, " I knew my shishya would never deny my order " . " No gurudev, I had made this decision for my daughter's happiness " Duryodhan said smiling and separated from his embrace.
" Now would you accept our hospitality? " Duryodhan asked chuckling, balram nodded with a grin.
Vidur then took him to the guest chamber and everyone left for preparations of the wedding.
----------------- ----------------------------------------
Bhargavi came running to lakshmana, she was panting. " What happened " She asked with concern. Bhargavi just turned and pointed towards the door.
Lakshmana's eyes we're left wide open, when she looked at the door.