Chapter 15

Vrishasen, lakshman, bhargavi and lakshmana were sitting in mana's chamber. Some dasis were applying herbs on lakshmana's arm. Some tear drops were escaping from lakshmana's eyes, as she was in pain. Lakshmana gave a look to bhargavi and bhargavi told the dasis to go away. " What should we do now? If yuvraj will come to know about this, he will take the whole palace on his head" Vrishasen glared at everyone. " I was reluctant from beginning... If pitashree will come to know about this.. He will punish me very badly.. " Lakshman had fear in his eyes.

" What's going on here?" Came a known voice from the door of the chamber. As everyone looked towards the door... They got startled. Lakshmana tried to hide behind bhargavi, but couldn't. Duryodhan cane in with a smile. He looked at lakshmana and was almost shocked. " Putriii.... " He shouted. He held her injured arm with utmost care and Caressed it. " How did it happen.... What did hurt you..... Were all daas and dasis sleeping...." He was concerned as well as angry. Lakshman, vrishasen, bhargavi and lakshmana exchanged glares. " Tell me someone....what is this wound of?? " He questioned all of them. Lakshmana gulped.

" Pii... Pitashree.... Actually... After returning from anga.... I asked vrish bhrata and laksh bhrata to teach me sword welding.... From last 6 months they both were teaching me and ravi, sword welding. And today while practicing sword. I got this wound. " Mana confessed everything and touched her injured arm gently. Duryodhan was about to say something, but karna cut his words as he came into the room. " Sooo... You are trained in sword welding now... Right? " He asked lakshmana. Lakshmana nodded in a yes. "Let's have a duel then" He said throwing a sword towards her. Lakshmana grabbed the sword with , stern hands. She was confused, she moved her gaze towards vrishasen with confusion and fear in her eyes. Vrishasen patted her shoulder and gave her confidence through eyes. Lakshmana sighed and closed her eyes for a second. She opened her eyes and had determination in them " I am ready kakashree" She said with confidence.

Lakshmana countered every attack of karna with excellence. She wield her sword like she has been practicing it from many years. She had focus , determination and confidence in her little brown eyes. The duel continued for half ghatika, after that karna raised his palm in order to stop the duel. " I really appreciate you and your skills " Karna said patting her head. The brave and confident princess turned into a bubbly little girl and chuckled

" Putri..... I am proud of you" Duryodhan said hugging her. " But putri, I cannot tolerate even a single harm to you" He said cupping her cheeks. Lakshmana removed his hands from her face . " If you cannot tolerate harm to your daughter, then how can you all harm another woman " She said referring to draupadi's cheerharan. Duryodhan looked at karna and sighed . " So, you also think think that only we were responsible for that incident? Were your pandav kakashree not responsible that they bet their common wife? They saw their wife being disrobed, and sat silently? Wasn't it their fault also? " Saying this he again sighed.

" But that doesn't reduce our adharma mitra" Karna said in stern voice. " And we would definitely pay for it, he added. " Pitashree... You are proud of me today, right? " Mana asked in a childish way to lighten everyone's mind. Duryodhan nodded in a yes. " So you would have to feed me dinner today " On her this statement everyone chuckled and laughed.

Really.... She was apple of everyone's eyes.
------------------------------------------------
Sad parts are over as far now. Now we will begin with a new and happy chapter in lakshmana's life.