Chapter 16

" Rajkumaari.... Wait rajkumaari.... Rajkumaari... " The dasis were running behind her. She was running all through her chamber, all dasis behind her to do her shringaar. Suddenly she bumped into someone. Bhargavi was standing in front of her, mock anger in eyes and hands folded near chest. " Still not ready.... Did you forgot yuvraj had told you to be ready early today? " Bhargavi said in mock anger like an elder sister. Lakshmana bit her tongue and slapped her forehead "I really forgot.... Now you come and do my shringaar" Bhargavi made her sit on a couch in front of huge mirror. She combed her hair and adorned her with diamond jewellery which added to her beauty.

Lakshmana had grown up into a 17 year girl now. Exactly like her mother, God had showered her with immense beauty. Brown twinkling eyes, fair complexion, a smile filled with elation that could melt everyone, hair waving till her waist, bit naughtiness filled in heart and the Apple of everyone's eye. She was the exact replica of her mother.

Bhargavi made her ready and looked at her with admiration. "How can someone look so much beautiful" She spoke in her usual playful manner. " Enough bhargavi... I know I am beautiful " Lakshmana flipped her hair  flaunting herself a bit and they both chuckled. " Who told you... You are beautiful... You are a ghostie " Lakshman and chitrasen giggled from the door of the chamber. Lakshmana glared at them in mock anger

" Bhrata.... " She whined and began chasing them both. Poor bhargavi, she was trying to stop them all but failed. " What's going on" Came a stern voice from the door and everyone alerted. " Pranipat pitashree " Lakshmana and lakshman said in a union. " Pranipat kakashree " " Pranipat yuvraj " Bhargavi and chitrasen continued. Duryodhan moved forward and placed his hand on lakshmana's head and patted it . She smiled pleasantly.

 She smiled pleasantly

" So... I am here to tell you all something. Gurudev balram is going to visit hastinapur tomorrow. But he will not be alone like every time, some special guest is also going t join him. " " And who's that guest " Lakshman asked in over excitement as always. " I have no idea about. But as the guest in coming with gurudev, he must be special.... So be ready early tomorrow morning " He said with a smile and left. The whole day went with smiles , chuckles and mock fights between lakshman, chitrasen and Lakshmana.
-------------------------------------------------
It was night and lakshmana entered her room after finishing her dinner. As she entered her chamber, she threw herself on bed. Whole day she was thinking about who would be the special guest with gurudev balram and why is she feeling so excited to meet him/ her. She was lost in her own thoughts as usual, when bhargavi entered. " What are you thinking about rajkumaari " She questioned. Lakshmana almost stumbled and then laughed at herself. " Nothing... I was just thinking.... Who would be the special guest coming tomorrow with gurudev balram.... " She said as she made bhargavi sit besides her. " I think she must be his wife Revati Or his daughter vatsala " Bhargavi gave her opinion, helping lakshmana to remove her jewelry. " May be " Lakshmana said with bit disagreement. " I don't why... But I am feeling very excited to meet them... There's an urge in heart to meet them " .

" You will get all the answers tomorrow... As far now... You have to sleep... You have to get up early tomorrow... Did you forget.. " Bhargavi said while applying oil on lakshmana's hair. " Absolutely not... I'll sleep soon... But... You know... I feel so excited to meet them " Lakshmana slept while thinking of the special guest.

Next morning, she woke up a bit earlier and was sitting in front of her dressing table. Just then chandramukhi and gandhari entered. " Are you ready putri... Do you need some help.... Oohhh you are looking immensely beautiful " Chandramukhi started to show her fake care towards lakshmana. Lakshmana glared at her " No need to show your fake love kaki chandra... I know only few people in this palace are concerned for me... And you are definitely not one of them.... ( turning towards gandhari) pranipat pitamahi " . " See... How rude this girl has became mata " Chandramukhi said with a glare. Bhargavi and lakshmana smirked looking at each other. " I am not rude kakishree... I am straight forward... And my father has taught me to be so " Saying this , she went to touch chandrama feet " And my father has also taught me too respect elders " . " As if your father has himself respected elders " Chandramukhi smirked again. " Enough both of you... Mane... We are here to inform you that, the guests are going to be little late... So you can continue your dance practice " Gandhari said caressing her cheeks. Lakshmana was little disappointed, but said with a smile " Okay pitamahi " And went to her dance room.
---------------------------------------------------
Lakshmana was dancing in her room. Her teachers were singing song and she was dancing forgetting everything.

Na toh maiya ki lori... Na hi babul hi hori... Mohe.. Kuch dusra na bhaye re....
Jabse naina yeh jake.... Ek dhanurdhar se lage.... Tabse birha mohe sataye reh...

Duvidha meri sab jag jane.... Duvidha meri sab jag jane....
Jane na nirmohiya....

Gayi panghat par... Bharan bharan paniya deewani....
Gayi panghat bhar paniya...
Naino ke naino ke tere baan se murchir hui re hiraniya....
Bani re bani re teri joganiya....

Lakshmana had finished her dance and everyone was clapping. Lakshmana sat on a couch and was removing her ghungroo when a dasi informed her that the guests have arrived. " Ravi.. Why didn't you inform me earlier... See I am late" Mana said with mock anger. " You were so engrossed in your dance , I didn't wish to disturb you.... Rajkumaari I wish you meet your prince Charming in the same manner as mentioned in the song... You were dancing on " Bhargavi said with a giggle. " Ok.. We will see about my prince Charming later... But first snatch your earrings from me " She held bhargavi's earrings in her hand and was running through the corridor.

Lakshmana was running in the corridor and bhargavi was behind her. Lakshmana looked back at bhargavi for a second to tease her, but collapsed on someone in front of her. ( don't you guys think, lakshmana has an habit on collapsing on everyone 😜). It hurt her forehead and she was in anger. She raised her head to ponder her anger, on the person who came in between. But..... But was lost in pair of eyes in front of her.

Two pairs of eyes we're staring at each other, forgetting everything about the outside world. They both were disturbed by cough of bhargavi standing there and looking at them.
---------------------------------------------------------
How was this part....
Can you all guess, who was the person mana collapsed with?