Chapter 49 - talks of the past

Warm sun rays were spread on the palace of hastinapur, that was already covered with gloom of losing their princes and protector. While everyone else rested for the afternoon two women sat on a staircase talking about random things. " Haven't you thought any name for him? " Lakshmana asked to suvarna, talking about her new born. " You are his bua, you would name him, haven't you thought about any name? " Suvarna questioned. " Not actually, everything was happening in such a hurry, that I didn't get time to think about it, but let's think about it now " Suvarna also agreed and then began a session of discussing various names for the two months old child, whose father is fighting in a world War.

" Saindhav? The heir of sindhu kingdom? " Suvarna asked, and lakshmana grinned, " Perfect " . " Our saindhav " Suvarna repeated smiling.
" Bhabhi, how does it feel, when you held him for the first time? " Kaurav nandini asked, " It feels like being born for a second time, it was my rebirth. My whole world now revolves around him, he is the most important person for me. " Suvarna was lost saying this, " This feeling cannot be described in words, you yourself would understand, when you would became a mother " She held lakshmana's hand.

" Can I ask you something, if you won't feel offended " Suvarna asked, " You can ask me anything " Lakshmana nodded. Lakshmana's mind went back to the time, when she saw 14 years old around eight years back.

Flashback :
At morning, lakshmana woke up with terrible pain in her stomach and legs, her head was bursting and she was feeling dizzy too. When she woke from, she found her clothes stained. The first thing she could think of was calling bhargavi.

Bhargavi was a couple of years elder than her, so she understood that the beloved princess of kuru has grown up now. She saw lakshmana's face, frightened and teary, she kept a hand on the latter's shoulder and made her change her clothes first. Bhargavi, knew what it was, but was confused how to explain this to lakshmana. Nor vrushali nor supriya neither dushala was at hastinapur. The only person, who could explain lakshmana was her father. Only if bhanumati was alive at this situation........

Hesitantly bhargavi went to duryodhan, gathering courage she told him, " You daughter has grown up and she is afraid, she needs someone to explain and calm her. Neither sindhu rani nor angrani are there here. I think you...... " She lowered her head in fear. A smile had spread over suyodhan's face hearing this, his daughter, his lakshmani had grown up. He removed a ring from his finger and gifted it to bhargavi. He was now thinking about how to explain this all to his little daughter. He closed the door of his chamber and asked bhargavi to look after his daughter till he comes to a solution. He missed his wife at this situation, only if she would have been alive, how happy she would have been after hearing this.

She would have took care of lakshmana, explained her about all these things. He shook his head coming out of her thoughts and concentrating on finding how to explain his daughter.
************************************
Suyodhan entered lakshmana's chamber, with a tray full of sweets and her favourite savouries too. Lakshmana got up looking at her father and immediately covered herself with a shawl. Duryodhan smiled warmly and sat besides her.
" Chitrasen told me you have became better in sword fighting now and now you are learning to fight with a dagger too " He started, lakshmana just nodded . " Yes, you should learn and you are practicing dance too. I should say my daughter is a all rounder " She smiled at his compliment.

He kept her busy in such sweet talks and fed her sweets in between, making her forget about her pain.
" You know what lakshmana, God has gifted women with a super power " He said in between their talks. " Is it? What? " She asked munching on her favourite rasmalai. " They undergo huge pain and give birth to a new life " He answered holding her hand.

She smiled and nodded in a yes. " And now, my daughter had became efficient to give birth to a new life. She had grown up mentally long ago, but now she had grown up in other senses to " He fed a scoop of gulab jamun, he saw to it that she doesn't feel uncomfortable . " You know, you may undergo some changes now, but there is nothing to be afraid. I've sent letters to call your vrushali maa, she would be here soon, till then if you need anything, I am there for you " He patted her cheeks and left the chamber.

She kept looking at his retreating figure with admiration, he is her mother and father both in true sense, he is the best father and best human being for her. Though he has many faults and had done things that we're completely wrong, behind the masks of rudeness and evil, there is he, his heart filled with kindness and love.

From childhood he was manipulated to hate his cousins, he was devoid of love, he had to look after his younger brothers, that's what made him the person he was, or what people thought, rude, evil and cruel. ........

A smirk plastered on lakshmana's lips, thinking how everyone had misunderstood her father according to their own will. She came back to her senses, when suvarna shook her shoulder. Bhargavi was standing there, " When did she came " Lakshmana thought.

" Rajkumaari the soldier had came, everyone is waiting for you both " Bhargavi said, " Okay, you both go, I would come with the food tray " Lakshmana answered.
************************************
Lakshmana came to the Hall, where everyone was sitting, their face fallen.
"........Rajkumaar lakshman, rajkumaar sumasan, rajkumaar sushyant and rajkumaar abhimanyu are dead along with angraj's son shatrunjay " The soldier was telling with wet eyes.

Lakshmana felt all energy in her body drained, the tray in her hands becoming heavy and fell on the floor, food items spilled on the floor, darkness surrounded her..............
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, tha next part is here.
Today, we complete one year of our book ' duryodhan's daughter : the forgotten princess ' . I published first chapter of this story, exactly a year ago.
This part was much needed as lakshmana was a daughter without mother, I felt it important to write, how a father would handle such situation, sorry if anyone would have felt embarrassed.
Do tell, who is your favourite character in my story and also your favourite incident.
Hope you liked reading this part, do tell me through your comments❤.