Chapter 57

" Now no one can stop me, tomorrow I would seek the revenge of my brothers, son, friends, guru, nephews everyone " Suyodhan spoke as if promising himself. " Pitashree what is left to lose now, why don't you think about surrendering... " Lakshmana lowered her gaze immediately as she noticed glares from all three sitting around. " Lakshi, my father was killed unfairly, same with vrish bhaiya and you expect us to surrender! No way! " Chitrasen was almost trembling with anger. " A true warrior never surrenders, he fights till his last breath. And yes how can I forget, how badly maharaj burishrava was killed by that arjun "

" My pita was also killed unfairly, literally they lied that I am dead " Ashwatthama let out a cruel laugh before gritting his teeth. " Arjun attacked hiding behind shikhandi while killing mahamahim. " He added.
" My vikarna had tried to stop that cheer haran , but still... " Suyodhan sighed, " During jaydrath's death, that krishna faked sunset to fool us . There is no stepping back or giving up now lakshmana! We all would fight to avenge our near ones ,would die or come back alive. Because we are left with nothing to lose "

"And that's the reason we would fight fearlessly tomorrow, because a person who loses everything is the mightiest, understood? " Ashwatthama said holding lakshmana's hand. That little girl was confused, between who is wrong and who is right, whether her father's actions were right or wrong? She looked around gulping and nodded in a yes. Are three of them trying to manipulate her? Or what they are saying is true? Whom should she suport? But the pain in their eyes seemed true? No, they aren't lying , they should avenge the unfair death of their relatives! And she should stand by them. Her mind was having a fight within, and finally she managed to smile.

" I stand by you all, all the best. But remember I would be waiting for you all, I want you all alive standing in front of me " Years flowed from her eyes, but her face was emotionless. She stayed a little more with them telling them about the condition of women back a palace. " Chitra, go with lakshmana to the palace and meet your mothers at once, they need you. And convey my apologies to my sisters and mata, tell them I would avenge for every single tear that rolled down their eyes " Suryodhan said, " Not you suyo, we all would avenge " Ashwatthama's eyes welled up.

Lakshmana and chitrasen walked out of the tent, but the former's eyes were still glued on her father. Suryodhan exchanged an assuring nod with her and gestured her to ascend the chariot. The chariot began its journey towards hastinapur, kaurav nandini still looking at her father, till he disappeared. Ashwatthama kept his hand on suyodhan's should as both of them wiped their tears.
************************************
The charioteer pulled the reins of horses swiftly as they saw supriya sitting on the ground numb. " Maa! " Chitrasen and lakshmana exclaimed together before almost jumping down the chariot. Their limb stopped abruptly and eyes went wide as they saw vrushali's half burnt dead body lying in front of supriya. Chitrasen fell on the ground while lakshmana let out a loud scream, supriya's tired gaze moved to them.

" She told that she is tired of fighting, the death of her sons and husband has sucked life out of her. She is tired of being among these royals and wished to accompany her nath in his further journey . " Supriya recalled vrushali's last words. Chitrasen curled his fists in anger , his eyes emitting agony, pain and revenge. Sambh came running from the palace after hearing lakshmana's scream. Lakshmana and sambh's met for a second, he sat in front of her engulfing her in a hug. Lakshmana found the much needed peace in his arms. She didn't cry, didn't whimper or sniffle, she just closed her eyes and leaned on his shoulder.

Sambh then turned towards chitrasen , lakshmana saw his eyes tear up for the first time in the while.
" Bhrata " He slowly called chitrasen, laying his hands on the latter's shoulders. Sambh was dearest to his mother, he knew how chitrasen would be feeling after losing his mother. Chitrasen just closed his eyes in despair, helplessness. " Gather yourself bhrata, I know its hard but gather yourself be strong bhrata " Sambh shook his shoulders.

Lakshmana held supriya's shoulders and took her in, to their chamber, while sambh took chitrasen. Indumati and chandramukhi were already sitting there along with vrishketu and aditya. Aditya wrapped his arms around chitrasen immediately, " Kaka badi dadi said that is lifeless now and she ran down from the stairs, choti dadi ran behind her, but when we saw from the window she was holding a light lamp, then bhargavi didi pulled us in. Choti dadi almost fell at badi dadi's feet but she didn't stop, where is she saw? " Aditya spoke in one go.

Chitrasen was numb, he didn't have any answer to his questions, this was the worst day for the family. For a moment he thought why was he left alive? When his mother, father and brothers are dead. " Adi, you know na what Indumati pitamahi told you? When you grow up everyone would be back " Lakshmana answered him kneeling in front of him. " I don't want to grow up bua, I want my maa, baba, dada, dadi and kaka back, call them please " He sniffled.

Chitrasen sat besides vrishketu who was still staring at the moon, " Ketu " He slowly called him. " I am not young bhaiya, don't tell me the tales you all are telling adi, I know they all would never return. I just want to go with them, I want to die... " Before he could complete his sentence, chitrasen slapped him. " What are you saying ketu! You are just 14 years of age, first learn what is life and then speak about death! Just look at that lady once " He said pointing towards supriya, whom Indumati was consoling. " If she is willing to live for us inspite of all that she had suffered, why are you speaking such things " He added.

Vrishketu held his ears in apology and cried in chitrasen and sambh's embrace. While aditya slept in lakshmana's arms and supriya slept near the door, hoping her jyeshth rani, arya Or sons would return.
************************************
For the ones saying Vrushali did wrong by committing sati Or suicide: first keep yourself in her place and try to understand her pain. Losing nine children, nine parts of her heart, her soul, was it an  easy thing for her? Losing her husband whom she always worshipped and loved since childhood, was it easy? Their death had sucked out life from her, there wasn't life left inside her. That's the reason she killed herself.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me💖.