Chapter 14

It has been two years, lakshmana was living in Angpradesh. Duryodhan used to visit there once in two months, with many toys and sweets. Everytime he visited lakshmana, he used to try his best to convince her to come with him, but lakshmana remained stubborn on her decision. She was enjoying her days in Anga but was also missing her hastinapur.
------------------------------------------------------
" Rajkumaari, yuvraj is leaving for hastinapur, won't you meet him? " Bhargavi asked lakshmama, who was sitting near a window in her chamber. " You know na ravi, If he'll see me crying, he will never leave for hastinapur. He'll be stubborn and will decide to stay here" Lakshmana said wiping her eyes filled with tears. " Then why don't you go back to hastinapur.... It's been three years rajkumaari..... How hard your father is trying to take you back home..... Everyone doesn't get so much love from their family " Bhargavi said shaking lakshmana's shoulders. Mana, removed her hands and turned towards the window. " Do you think I am heartless ravi?... I love.. " Before she could complete her sentence, they heard a knock on the door. Bhargavi went near the door and opened it. Immediately she joined her hands in pranipat and moved towards lakshmana.

Lakshmana was still standing, facing the window. She felt a hand on her trembling hand on her shoulder and a voice filled with care and love " Putri... Are you still not going to come home " Mana was stunned to hear his voice. She had never seen her father crying or requesting someone. She quickly turned towards duryodhan, to find duryodhan's eyes pooled up. " Putri... I've promised your mother, that I will provide you the most comfortable life... Your eyes will never become moist..... But your father failed putri.... Hastinapur's yuvraj failed.. " Some tear drops escaped from duryodhan's eyes. Lakshmana and bhargavi were completely stunned, Mana had never seen her father so distressed. She held his hands in hers. " Bhanu... My bhanumati was a spark of light in my life filled with darkness. ... She had showed me with all love and care, I always longed for.... But she left me.... ( duryodhan closed his eyes tightly as he remembered the painful moment) she left me... Leaving back two gems.... My lakshman and my bundle of joy ( he cupped mana's cheeks) ....... Everytime I look at you putri...... I feel, I am the luckiest person to have you as my daughter..... You are the exact reflection of your mother.... My bhanumati....... " Duryodhan sat down in despair,on the couch beside him.

" The lavish palace of hastinapur seems so empty.... When I can't hear the non stop talks of my daughter... When you are not running through the corridors...... All the comforts seem nothing, when my putri is not there with me.... Yess.... I am... I am adharmi...... But I would never let my any adharma harm my dear daughter.... My putri is the best thing happened to me.... " He cried clutching the sheet on the couch.

Lakshmana sat beside him and hugged him. Duryodhan didn't hesitate to shed more tears. He moved his palm on her forehead with utmost care. " I have failed as a father, I am the reason for tears in my putri's eyes.... I have failed in every relation " Duryodhan said with a sigh. " No... Pitashri.... You are the best father.... You have gave me and bhrata all the happiness.. " Lakshmana hugged duryodhan again. " My twelve year little girl has grown up soo much " Duryodhan said cupping her cheeks. " Will you come to hastinapur back with me? " He asked for the last time. Lakshmana nodded in a big yes, with some tears in her eyes.
---------------------------------------------------
Duryodhan and lakshmana turned towards the door as they heard someone sobbing. Bhargavi, supriya and Vrushali were crying near the door. Lakshmana went running and hugged Vrushali. " Maa.... I am going back to hastinapur " She almost screamed with a big smile on her face. " Anything that ends good... Is totally good " Supriya said with a smile. Duryodhan came near them three " Bhabhishree, putri bhargavi, I am sorry for your discomfort this all caused you . Putri bhargavi, in such a young age, you cared so much for my daughter... I am thankful to you " Saying this duryodhan left the room. Everyone except lakshmana was so amazed to see the soft side of angry yuvraj duryodhan. Lakshmana knew every side of her father and loved him endlessly. "We should start the preparations for you departure" Vrushali said with some sadness.
-----------------------------------------------------------
" We'll miss you mani.... Whom would I trouble now" Chitrasen said making puppy face. " Our palace will seem incomplete without you too " Supriya's eyes we're almost pooled. " You notorious, I'll soon come to hastinapur to trouble you " Vrishasen said, pulling her cheeks.

" Mata, Bhratashree, why are you all shedding tears. As anga is my home, hastinapur is your home too. You can come anytime there . But where is vrushali maa? " Lakshmana said looking for her favourite person. " Right behind you " Lakshmana turned towards the direction of the voice. Vrushali was standing holding a bucket full of lakshmana's favorite rose flowers. Lakshmana giggled and hugged vrushali. Vrushali gave a forehead kiss to her. " Be safe, be strong and miss " She said as mana sat in her palanquin. " My Anga " Lakshmana said to herself with a sigh as the glared at Angapradresh.
----------------------------------------------------
I am extremely sorry for the super late update. As my exams are hovering over my head, I couldn't update faster.