Thrown Off

Based on the F.R.I.E.N.D.S clip where Joey ate meat and Monica and Chandler hooked up and Phoebe points it out.

It had been a long mission for them all. They'd been away for around 3 months and it had been nothing but fighting the entire time. They barely got a day to themselves and, when they did, it always ended in some kind of fight against other agents.

MJ and Peter had been placed on the same mission with Sam and Bucky not far by. They all stayed in different rooms so to not cause any suspition. However, one night when Peter had been out, evidenly running into an opposing agent who'd been following him, he'd gotten stabbed.

Thankfully for Peter, whilst he was trying to clean his wound - whatever knife they'd used, it sure wasn't just pointed, it seemed to have extra edges. MJ had come knocking on his door since she was getting bored on her own and wanted to talk to someone.

Once she spotted the wound, he pulled her inside before they could get caught and she helped patch him up, even if he told her he was completly fine.

Eventually, once she'd cleaned his wound, his hissing in pain every now and then it slowly began to patch itself up. However, before she left she felt the wound, Peter giving a small wince. However, as they stood there one thing lead to another and...

Meanwhile, a few floors above, Bucky was waiting in his room when he decided to head to Sam's room. However, the closer he got the more he could smell something...

He opened the door and saw Sam eating a steak at his table. He was halfway through chewing when Bucky entered and gave a gasp before closing the door behind him as he walked in.

"You promised Wanda you wouldn't eat meat! How could you break her promise?" Bucky said, walking over.

"I got hungry. And it's not like she's here. She doesn't have to know."

Bucky folded his arms. "How do you know I won't tell her?"

Sam looked up towards him. "Because you are too scared of your wife to tell her, you did the exact same thing!"

Bucky gasped. "You knew about that?"

"Of course I did! I could practically smell it on you when you walked out of your door this morning."

Bucky scrunched up his face. "I can't believe you knew about that."

Sam paused and looked towards his partner in crime before looking over at the stove. "I have some more in the fridge...Wanda wouldn't know."

"All we'd have to do is take a boiling hot shower, we'd be fine." Bucky added.

Eventually, one thing lead to another with those two as well - them both falling asleep at 3 in the morning, a plate each, empty of meat and steak beside them.

Just over a month later they arrived back to the compound, not a single one of them talking to the pair they'd been with that night all those weeks ago.

"Why do you two look like a pair of school children about to be sent to the principle's office?" Peter asked as he watched the pair sat in front of him.

The looked towards one another before quickly looking back at him. "No we don't."

However, as soon as all four of them walked back into the compound, being greeted by a very pregnant Wanda, she hugged them all and kissed her husband before stepping back.

"Oh! You ate meat!" She said, pointing at Sam.

He panicked. "No - No I didn't."

She gave a semi-coonfused look before turning back to the other two agents whom she'd known since they were 17. "Oh my god! You hooked up!"

Peter and MJ quickly looked at one another. "No we didn't." Peter told her.

Wanda gave a small laugh. "No, I know you didn't. You totally had sex!"

MJ gave a slight laugh. "No, I didn't."

Wanda scrumpled up her nose. "Ugh, this whole pregnancy thing is throwing me right off! Anyway, how was it?"

Bucky nodded. "Shield have their boss in for questioning, the rest, once we found them were either dead or had surrendered."

That was when Steve, Tony, Pepper and Natasha all walked in, Clint following behind them. They hugged them all before talking about what happened on the mission.

"He get hurt?" Natasha asked MJ.

MJ nodded. "Yep."

"He tell anyone?"

MJ shook her head. "Not until I found him in his hotel room bleeding out."

"I was not bleeding out." Peter said, looking towards Natasha.

"Argue with me on this, I'll hit you over the head with a book." MJ said, looking at him, making both Peter and Clint take a step back. Clint knew MJ wouldn't hesitate to do so. Natasha had even taught her how to throw it at a better angle so it hurts more.

For the rest of the night, they mainly talked about the mission and what they'd missed whilst being away. Wanda handed Bucky all the sonogram pictures from her scans that he'd missed.

The next day, Peter was the first to wake up out of the whole team. He gathered they'd all be asleep til around 12 in the morning since they'd all stayed up quite late last night. But, as Peter walked into the lounge/kitchen, he stopped in his tracks.

"MJ." He said in surprise. "What are you doing here? I thought we was meeting at HQ?"

MJ stood up, and nodded. "We were - are. I...I wanted to talk to you before hand."

"I-I've been wanting to talk to you too." Peter told her.

"Oh." She said, in shock and surprise.

Peter took in a small breath. "What.. What happened on the mission...I know we both agreed to forget it, but -- I --I don't want to..."

"Really?" MJ asked.

"But, if you want to, I can. We can forget everything happened and we can go back to the way things were." Peter quickly added.

Mj stopped for a moment or two before shaking her head. "I - I don't want to forget it either."

"Really?" Peter asked, waking himself up a bit more.

"I - I don't really have the best record for getting close to people and I - I - You're the one who I'm closest to? And I - I like you...more than just a friend."

Peter smiled. "I like you more than just a friend too."

After a few moments of awkward silence, the pair shared a small but sweet kiss. Before MJ left, the pair agreed to go out on a date, that Saturday, together, and not just as friends...